let dry to long?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by swollenblunts, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Whats good GC?

I harvest 4 small plants... i hung them upside for 4 days in a well ventilated closet.. 4 days was 2 long my bud are real dry and crunchy.. what could i so to add a lil moisture?? Please help... there are in quart mason jars..

2. should i add an orange peel for a day to add some moisture

3. curing in air tight jars well and airing out once a day will add some moisture. but if you want a faster remedy without affecting the smell, wet a paper towel, ring it out, but leave it damp and place over the top of the open mason jar so it is acting as a lid, then take the jar lid and place over the paper towel, and screw on till you have a air tight seal. becareful when you do this though because it is a quik fix, and your bud will regain moisture in a few hours, just try to keep from opening too often cause that defeats the purpose. just check it every couple hours. another is, you could put orange peals in the jar, but that will affect the smell in a possibly negative way :).

4. I just tried this method.. i also put a balled up damp napkin inside a few jars...should i remove the paper towels after 3 hours

5. You do not need to add moisture, and you probably should NOT do so.

I thought my weed was way too dry after drying after my first harvest. Was all freaking out and such. Asked here, was told to just let them cure in the jars.

So i did that. And there must have been enough moisture in the depths of the bud to get it to more or less the ideal level of moisture. - don't try to add moisture until you have let it cure in jars for a week or so, and it's still too dry.

It's much better to be curing weed that's too dry than too wet. Too dry, you just add moisture some time down the line. Too wet, and it grows mold and you throw it out.

6. i already did about 2 hours ago.... I will wait another hour then remove the damp napkins.....

also I let dry for 4 days.. usually ppl only dry for 3 days..