lemon juice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by m0j0, Oct 10, 2007.

1. My tap water PH is kind of High (above 7 ph)...I heard that lemon juice can lower it significantly...to achieve the proper PH. Does ne one know if this will work...or is it harmful to my future plants?!?!?:confused::confused::confused:

2. How far above 7 is the ph out of curiosity??

Also, I think you are right about lemon juice being acidic, I am not sure how lemon juice will affect the plant though.

I will also watch for an answer.

You may want to filter your water through a brita filter or something. This will help with other pollutants in tap water...Does your water smell of chlorine at all?

3. to lower ph, u can use white distiled vinegar, or just go to a pet or pool supply store & buy ph up/down

4. white vinegar as down and baking soda as up. of course the stuff you find at hydrostores of pet stores is better.

1 pinch of baking soda lowers 3 gallons (approx 1 bubble bucket) .10 ph. from what i have found at least. and yes, i know a pinch is not exactly an exact figure.:rolleyes:

5. thanks guys for the advice...I dont know the exact ph, only that its above 7.4 I bought one of those cheap ph testers from a pet store and it only measure up to that point. but I did sample some water and added a few drops of lemon juice, and it did bring the ph down...actually this time it went lower than ph scale measured, lol...I guess i just have to play with it some more....the ph up/down solution I tried but Im kinda on a small budget so Im trying to save some money here and there...also I have a lemon tree in my backyard.
    I appreciate your time and comments
    b-ez
    -mojo