Lemon Juice in Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DR. HyTOP, Apr 7, 2011.

1. real men use gasoline

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. i thought acids absorbed THC?

3. #43 420lovr, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
  4. On the double! calling a good friend in the enviro-bio department at UCSD, were gonna go all out with turbidity testers, pH sensors, and some medical graded/thc% tested bud from organicann in SD.

5. Didn't read the whole thread so somebody might have mentioned this already but...over time any fruit juice, in this case lemon juice, will ferment into alcohol so you leaving in the lemon juice for a month means that it probably wasn't lemon juice anymore.

6. I clean my water every time I'm done if I'm not doing it out of my custom apple bubbler, if anything go with hot water or if its cold put some hot tea in that shit

7. the high vapor pressure of the citric acid induces a large lubricitive flux gradient normal to glass surface ..... millions of microscopic ultrasonic cavitation sites result..... bong stay clean. so at least that part is all basic physics.

8. you are either full of shit, oorrrr you just blew my mind!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I think he's right physics wise, but I wanna know the chemical side of the story

10. Lemon sounds good, a mate used to use lime but if you want an amazing smooth smoke fill it with carbon and nothing else - trust me you will be surprised and the carbon takes out much of the tar & smell :)

11. Killeroo is correct about activated carbon being a great smoke filter, I wish I had one that fit my cheap-o, daily driver, but no... Anyway, I occasionally use a bit of pure, 100% lemon juice to the filtered water I fill my smoking glassware with. I couldn't honestly tell you if the citric acid in the juice really keeps it cleaner or not, but it seems to. It also provides a light improvement to the bongwater odor. Since it's not being combusted, I don't believe there's any significant health benefits of the limonene terpene, but perhaps the aromatherapy alone helps alleviate depression, as I'm usually in a much better mood after medicating. (Kidding):bongin::hello: :jump:

[​IMG]

12. Based on this thread, im dumping concentrated lemon juice in my bong water "after I clean it" and going to put cotton jam it into the tube, pack some activated carbon in it, then more cotton. Lets see how well this works out for the whole how high I get and to keep things very clean.

Sent from my screen to yours!

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you want to try something, try a capful of Original SCOPE in your bong.

Really helps with the "dope breath" and almost as smooth as a menthol.

Other mouthwashes use a detergent so they foam in a bong.

Not SCOPE (at least the original formula).

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. I found this video that uses alternative liquids instead of water. Let me know what u guys think!

Pay to share link deleted by ICGreen

15. I think payed to share links is afoul of the occasional informative external link and the self promotional rules.

:smoke:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I have been worried to try anything in my bong besides water cause I keep worrying that it'll get more sticky and clogged up then it already gets but I'll have to give this a try. Thanks man!

17. You can also order the citric acid in powder form and add that to the water. It mixes in clear with no scent and you can make a stronger solution.

18. lol nice try procter and gamble :smoke::hello:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. I used to use a drop of food grade essential oil. It's essentially pure limonene, same terps found in the same bud you're smoking.

Kind of unrelated, but if you use orange chronic for cleaning it usually leaves a slight citrus scent. slight.

• Like Like x 1