Lemon Juice in Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DR. HyTOP, Apr 7, 2011.

1. So a while back I started using lemon juice in my toob instead of water. At first I thought it would just be sort of cool and out of the ordinary. I found that it actually had some serious benefits over water.

• Looks cool - swirly yellow.
    • Smells good - smells lemony and never develops nasty bong water odor.
    • But best of all - it keeps your bong clean!! I noticed that it stops resin from accumulating where it normally does right above the water line, which is probably in part why it helps with the smell. I guess this is because of the acidity.
    • Also performed wonderfully in my bubbler where it REALLY made a difference in it not getting all gunked up.
    I left it in both for at least a month at a time and it never left any weird residue or anything.

If you have some lying around I highly advise you give it a try.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. [​IMG]

now I gotta try this.

3. if it keeps it clean that probably means it dissolves resin... resin is what gets ya stoned, if it dissolves what gets ya stoned, you probably are getting less stoned from lemon juice. also sounds expensive, and dirty (you only change it once a month? so much ash will get in there, sounds like lemon juice bong sludge.)

4. .....what? if lemon juice really did clean the bong then how would it be dirty. Also, resin is NOT what gets you high.

5. #5 coogs, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    agreed. the majority of resin is burnt by-product... which is why bong water is so nasty... which is why people dont collect resin from water pipes like its gold (or like its kief haha). and based on the above theory, pipes that collect resin on the glass are leaving behind "shit that gets you high" so why use iso alcohol and epsom salt to clean the thing, if its just removing shit that gets you high? people would be scraping the shit out of their bongs if it really got you mega high (im not a big believer in resin, sure it CAN get you high, ive had experience with dry pieces in this way, but i find it to be an unsophisticated high, and one that lasts a very short period of time)

anyone? more info on lemon juice? i agree, i think the acidity is whats keeping your pieces so clean. as to the effect it has on the overall high? i have no idea

6. if it keeps them clean it keeps you less high. Alcohol dissolves resin and that is why you dont use beer etc. in your bong.

7. #7 coogs, Apr 7, 2011
    i dont use alcohol because it evaporates. i dont use beer because that would taste terrible, and its carbonated. even if alcohol did ruin your high, its not what we're talking about.. the correlation that alcohol cleans resin off, and so does the acid from lemon juice doesnt necessarily mean acid from juice wont allow you to get high. i dont see how fruit juice would detract from the overall high. the only issue i see is the piece getting sticky. but ill agree to disagree considering both of us have no hard evidence to back up what we're saying.

8. But.....

If the resin is stuck to the walls, it's not getting you high either...

I think you guys are just tripping out.

I'm really fuckin high tho so if I'm wrong...well then I'm wrong fuck I dunno.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ??? It doesn't make you less high, it just cleans off the resin that builds up on the lower walls of the bong right above the water line.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw]YouTube - Boxxy - Trollin' Loop[/ame]

11. never got sticky. never left any sort of residue, made cleaning super easy.

12. sick, im trying this then.

13. i here ya HyTop! I have heard of this trick, except not with full lemon juice, just a few drops diluted in water...keeps the bong clean and smelling fresh.

14. #14 420lovr, Apr 7, 2011
    this sounds more reasonable. pure lemon juice is just ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Why is that ridiculous??? I think your just idea hating but in the face of overwhelming acceptance it is tough to swallow.

Ive done it both diluted and pure and i prefer pure. If its diluted it'll definitely take more than a few drops.

16. im thinking my mix is going to be 50/50 to start, and go from there

17. This Sounds Way Narley & I Can't Wait To Get Lemon Juiced Grovvy

18. When my new bubbler arrives tomorrow
    i think i might put lemon juice in it and test it out

• Like Like x 1
  19. This thread confuses me.. The discussion on page 1 wtf xD ..

20. i would never in my life smoke with you, sir. whoever has been has taught you awfully wrong.