Lemon Juice in Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DR. HyTOP, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ya i just use a few drops and it helps dramatically you don't have to use tons of lemon juice to get the effect, it will still help reduce resin build up

2. "ya i just use a few drops" dude... your on said forum.... im pretty sure alot of medicated people(including myslef) thought you ment like straight lemon juice not 5-10 droplets .... at first i was like shit thats prolly sour unless its madd diluted....now i must try . i got a zong and the zigzags get straight tar buildup hard as hell to get off its like cement mayb this will help that too

3. how many drops did u use exactly? i forgot to ask haha.....

4. I was the OP not tuchaka. I have used pure lemon juice and 50/50ish mixes, it probably doesn't make that big of a difference but i prefer pure lemon juice in mine.

5. If thc was lemon juice soluble people would use it to make edibles rather than using butter, and other things that are high in fat..... but its not so his high probably wont be affected.

6. my bad on the confusion,tbh id love to see a picutre of this clean bong with lemon juice :bongin: my gf is very interested

7. dude, no offense, but you have been completely wrong in every post youve made in this thread

8. I read somewhere that using lemon juice will keep it from filtering out the tar in the smoke.. So you can only imagine where that resin is going... Probably making it considerably worse on your lungs... If i'm wrong sorry i just thought i would share what i read somewhere.. Don't remember where but for some reason i remembered it when i read this thread... Please don't flame me just correct me if i'm wrong

9. How in the world would it stop it from filtering it out, the fact it doesn't build up on the walls shows it's that much more effectinve than water. Its IN the lemon juice, after a while you can see dark swirls in the juice, ie the resin.

10. Me and some friends did that but we used hot water, the hits were smooth and tasted pretty good

11. Hot water does make for some very smooth rips. Nice if its cold where your smokin or if your sick. Never tried hot lemon water though, possible new cold remedy haha

12. you didnt change the fluid in your bong for a month? so gross dude.....i change mine like every day, it even grosses me out sometimes if i dont do it twice a day

13. i use a mix of lemon juice and water

• Like Like x 1
  14. i use warm water with like 4-7 drops of lemon juice, and I rinse out the bong and put fresh water in like every other session. Haven't cleaned my actual bong in about a month and its pretty much spotless, the bowl and downstem i do like once a week

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. may i ask what type of lemon juice you use?

16. The better it works as a solvent, the more soluble the THC is in that substance, and consequently more THC will be filtered out. Whether the amount filtered is significant, I have no idea.

17. juice from a lemon???

I dunno, stuff you buy at the store... Fresh squeezed would be fine, just more work.

• Like Like x 1
  18. same as above generic stuff from grocery store

19. congrats, youve won the ignorance of the week award!!!:hello: :wave:

20. Dude I use the stuff in those plastic "lemons" just literally 5-10 drops, fuck this 50/50 mix you really don't need that much. 10 drops is sufficient enough to avoid residue build up and keep your bong clean after every use.

However! if you don't care about your tubes and leave bong water in for multiple uses or days, of course residue will build up and cause gross stuff.

The idea that adding pure lemon juice to your bong as an end-all-beat-all solution to never cleaning your bong, is not only ridiculous but gross and wasteful.

nuff said.