Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

legalizing weed and gc

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pakit, Jul 5, 2012.

1. I'm sitting here high as fuck (just coming off a week t-break!) browsing Grass City and was just thinking if weed was legal Grass City wouldn't be the same grass city. Stoners are a very unique type of people (especially the ones on this forum!) and the fact that it is illegal makes the group feel even more exclusive.

2. I'm sure GC would be similar but there would be hipsters that found out weed is safe after it became legal and then tell us all about it

3. [quote name='"GSN1PA360"']I'm sure GC would be similar but there would be hipsters that found out weed is safe after it became legal and then tell us all about it[/quote]

lmao! so true

4. Hopefully a bunch of kids who think there cool cats for breaking the law will stop and leave GC.

5. Shout out to all those people out there!

6. If the illegality of cannabis is the reason you use it, go fuck yourself. You have no business with this plant.

7. [quote name='"YoSmokinMan"']If the illegality of cannabis is the reason you use it, go fuck yourself. You have no business with this plant.[/quote]

what the fuck is up your ass? he just said it would be a different place.

someone piss in your wheaties this morning?

8. I kinda know where the OP is coming from. If legalized, i wouldn't want to go out and buy pre-packaged bud and joints. I think it would be cool if it was like MMJ dispensaries but not for patients. :bongin:

9. Millions of people smoke, there is nothing unique or exclusive about burning buds.

10. well, here's the thing. if you're ever gonna try and get marijuana/hemp on the market, expect a lot of big companies to be totally against what you're doing. not because it's bad for the economy, not because it's bad for the planet, it's because it's bad for business.

marijuana can be used for medicine (bad for pharmacies)
    hemp can be used to make paper that is more durable and can be recycled more than paper made from wood. hemp grows faster than trees and can be harvested easily, not requiring a lot of machinery (bad for paper, logging companies)
    hemp can be used to make houses (also bad for logging companies)
    hemp can used to create a bio-diesel and would be cleaner burning (bad for oil companies)
    hemp can be used to make clothing which is more durable and softer (bad for cotton business)
    essentially, hemp will replace a lot of things out there. big business doesn't want that. they want to keep making money off of a resource that becomes more and more scarce so they can jack up the price more.

here's a link: Hemp uses, information facts

^gives a more detailed view on what hemp is capable of.

11. It'd be cool if like dealers got dealer cards so the experience styed personal

12. #12 BadKittySmiles, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    If growing (and smoking) was legal, it would only be better, both online and off.

I can't think of a single reason the forums would go downhill.. the people who accept cannabis are already here, and the rest are either not into it, period, or they are into cannabis or are at least open-minded enough to consider trying it, but they're simply too afraid of the law to join us!

And there's 100% nothing wrong with the latter half of that group. If it was suddenly legal, they'd be welcomed among us, with open arms.. perhaps more so, than some of the 'illegal' stoner types.

Just like any society or social group, we have awesome, and incredibly helpful people, and annoying pr*cks!... :p

If anything though, things would get a lot more comfortable around here if it wasn't for all the kids who do it for fun, just because it's illegal and because they're getting away with something, which inexplicably, makes them think they're somehow cooler than everyone else on the boards. :eek: :p

I'm NOT saying it's what you implied or meant, or it's what you do! I'm giving you a look at the other side of the coin.

Cannabis being illegal, brings us a TON of bad stereotypes, and stigma, in the form of all the tokers who abuse it and make a HUGE deal out of smoking a simple plant, just because it's illegal.

It's about as tame as cup of coffee, as far as drugs go (tamer health-wise, maybe a bit less tame at least to start with, effect-wise), but some kids immediately think they're 'thugs', just like the TV and DARE ads tells them we are, as soon as they start smoking. And so, they begin to play and talk the part. And then, the negativity comes.

The whole illegal factor, is almost solely responsible for some of the most, and I feel bad for saying it (to each their own, and all), 'annoying' stoner-types. :eek:

The sites where 'illegal' activities are acceptable, are flooded with nonsense and children, then you see beer and wine brewing sites where everyone gets along, and there's barely a sign or any hint of 'trolling'.

People also fight less (ie. not at all) over things like; who brews the best beer; whose beer looks like schwag; and over who brews in cheaper containers, or who drinks from more basic glasses with fewer bells and whistles, on those forums. :p

13. #13 Dutchmaster617, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    Easy, use it to get high and let those guys sell paper, medicine, oil, wood, and clothes.

It is mostly used to get high and most of us would be fine with that, if you are one of those eco lovers, well, nature is being altered regardless at least burn one while it happens.

As for above - People brag about legal things like money, sex, and liquor every day. Its not really the legality of it, just the fact that its popular and if you are young like most here it (appears to) socially mature you. The big thing is popularity, most kids won't brag about doing (insert drug) if they weren't sure those around did it too.

14. ^this is why we're fucked. people like this simply do not care. they just wanna get stoned...

15. ^ I just want to get high, do you have a problem with this? Or are you one of those people that acts as if they only want legalisation to aid people with diseases and save the economy and environment in one fell swoop?

Admit it, you just want to get high without the fear of repercussions, so why pretend otherwise? Any rational person can see that weed WILL NOT SAVE THE WORLD. Your use of these arguments just makes the rest of us look ridiculous and hurts the cause overall.

16. i don't pretend. i understand the potential for this plant. i have no problem with smoking cannabis, but i will not advocate anyone who wants to do nothing but get stoned. too many fuckin lazy people in this world as it is, the last thing we need is more. and how does listing practical usage of a plant make anybody look ridiculous and how does it "hurt the cause"? we used to grow cannabis in america, and use it for sails, canvas, clothing, smoking, medicine etc. this plant has so many uses, it's amazing! it actually sounds like you're the one who is hindering the cause because you do not use these arguments, christafa...

17. Dutchmaster didn't say he just wanted to get stoned all day and do nothing else, he said he'd be fine with a legalisation of smoking alone, rather than attempting to overhaul multiple industries. His point being that if it was agreed that it could only be used for smoking then much of the big industry opposition would evaporate. My point is that there is NOTHING selfish with wanting the right to smoke bud without fear of legal repercussion, and that alone is more than enough reason for legalisation.

18. Who cares, legalize.

19. It will be different, but not necessarily a bad thing. All the hip 14 year olds will leave, so we'll see a reduction in "Got caught wut do i do lol I'm 14 hlp parents sux" threads, hopefully. Less "The police suck because I got caught driving by a police-family picnic and smoking while it was still illegal. Do I need a lawyer? Police suhhhhck" threads, too.

If anything, the GC natives will likely stick around, as like you said, it's still a community. New blood (read: new people) won't destroy that, not. I actually hope to see a lot of helpful people, as we'll probably see an influx of "HOW do I smoke this joint?" posts. I'm sure other forums could be negatively altered by the change, but hopefully that won't happen here.

And for the earlier post, I'd actually love to walk to the gas station and pick up a pre-rolled joint or thinly rolled blunt. I'm a vape/occasional sherlock smoker, but a pre-rolled paper would be enticing.

20. Well, it's going to be illegal for awhile considering most of the world is made up of idiots who only believe what they think, not the truth. The government is more dangerous then weed for shits sake.