legalizing Marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by Doggmann420, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Anyone know anything about Taxing and legalizing marijuana and selling it like alcohol and cigarettes? Apparently Within the first 2years of them doing this they would raise around 14billion dollars and with it they could use the money to find all of russias missing nukes in 3years and capture Osama just by the money it would raise alone and those are two majoir problems Anyone have an opinion on this other than me?

2. Doggmann, You're on the right track. It's one of the basic economic arguments for legalization. On the other hand, I don't know if throwing money at a problem will ever solve it, like if we spent more, we'd capture Osama BL, but it'd certianly save us a lot of $ for unnecessary inforcement and generate a huge amount of tax revenue. There's also studies showing that growing hemp for fuel and paper could greatly improve our energy problems and provide a great alternative to cutting down forests for paper. The problem is that not enough people pay atttention to this issue and push for legalization.

Solution: Keep spreading the word! Make your voice and vote count!

Peace :smoke:

3. I think their argument against all the revenue that taxing bud would generate is that people could just grow it themselves. All you really need is need and $30 worth of electricity a month and you can have about an ounce a week to smoke.

I disagree though. Lots of stoners are too lazy to grow :smoke:

4. No kidding, you don't see people growing their own tobacco, the whole grow scene is the child of necessity. :cool:

5. some of us it's not the fact that we're "too lazy" to grow. it's just not realistic given our living situations. then again, some people are lazy. a lot of people here i wouldn't want to grow. they're too fucking stupid and would get themselves caught. showing all their friends their plants, etc.

6. I agree sirseedy, but were talking about if weed were legal. If it were, think most people would just go to the store and buy a pack of reeferettes.

7. I'd rather be stupid then as negative as you usually are.

8. Your always gunna have people who grow their own its like people who make their own alcohol but in reality it would be like tabacco and it would be alot easier for most people to just go to a store and buy it :) And I know it wont solve problems its just an example on what the tax's off it could help do not to mention they would save even more if they didnt have to worry about trying to bust so many damn people for it. I do find it sad that people can be put in jail for so many years for a plant thats been here as long as us So this ones for them! And so I can smoke it freely ;)

9. Ditto Doggmann,

The other thing is that the price of weed will come way down. It doesn't cost that much to grow and if it was legal, you'd have much larger, more efficient growing...although with taxes, it could cost almost as much as it does now. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll keep dreaming about the day I can spark one in public without fear of being busted!
    :smoke: