Legalizing Cannabis Recreationally Will Increase Availability To Minors

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014.

1. #1 ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    Legalizing cannabis recreationally will increase availability to minors. Someone who is 18/21 whatever the age is, can go into the shop, buy an ounce of weed or whatever amount for 10/g, and sell it for 15/20 on the street to kids. Also, kids older siblings can get pot for the minor siblings, let them smoke it, maybe even give them an ounce to sell to their friends.

The prices right now are inflated for recreational cannabis but they will surely drop.

Since the effects of cannabis on a developing mind is not known, I can't support this. I support medical cannabis, however the same argument I listed above can still occur, it should be marginally less.

I see people say then when cannabis is legalized it is harder to obtain, and I just shake my head. Is there a counter argument for this?

2.  Actually it's the opposite. Right now marijuana is extremely easy for minors to obtain. Dealers do not give a fuck and will sell to anyone with the cash available to purchase. Although most dealers have a no kids rule, they mean like 6 or 7 year olds. I've seen dealers as young as 14. 

It's even easier to acquire than alcohol. Which is why recreational use of cannabis among teens has increased. Why buy it for 15 a g on the street, when a 10th grader can get an 8th for 40 from the kid in AP chemistry? Kids don't need adults to get weed for them, they can actually get it themselves. Unlike alcohol which is strictly regulated.

Older siblings smoke out their minor siblings all the time. What's your point?

• Like Like x 1
  3. It can't be any easier to get though, that doesn't make sense...If kids had a hookup before it went legal, they will still have a hookup after it goes legal. 

Legal or not shit ain't stayin' out of curious kids hand's. :cool:

4. I feel sometimes we are so interested in defending that legalizing does not increase consumption that we act as if we thought weed was bad, you know? I mean, what if it increases a bit? For some reasons it will decrease, for others it will increase, whatever the outcome, a high people is a happy people

in weed i trust

5. #5 ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014

You didn't make an argument for it being "the opposite" if anything what you can make out of your post is that it's easy to obtain now, and will be easier for minors to obtain because more people will have cheap ozs to flip. Hense why I said "increase" availability.

Also, alcohol does not have a high resale value. You can't break a quart of JD into 1 oz shots and sell them to people, nobody buys like that. You can however break an oz of cannabis into grams and turn a profit.

Hense why i said "increase" availability. More people will have cannabis to flip = more availability.

But that doesn't in turn mean more people will consume it.

I understand where you are comin' from, but you are also assuming a lot of things you cannot really verify. :cool:

8.  Lucky ass minors. 

9. #9 ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014

Umm... do people buy weed to look at it? More people with cannabis to sell, more customers, more consumers.

What? :cool:

What is right.

I thought your point was that kids were gonna be buyin' up weed like mad from all of the people attempting to make whatever very little profit they can possibly make from shufflin' an ounce to kids in high school...And then you asked me if people buy weed to just stare at.

What indeed. :cool:

I said there will be more availability to minors, then you said that doesn't mean more consumers... so do people buy weeds to look at it? More availability=more customers=more consumers.

14. #15 ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014
  15. #16 brave-weed, Aug 12, 2014
    DPA cites the following sources for the claim "rates of marijuana use among young people tend to DECREASE when a state adopts medical marijuana":
    \nalso cites this study: http://c/temp0/depts.washington.edu/phenom/docs/Anderson_Hansen_Rees_2012.pdf in saying:
    \n

And I'm trying to tell you that makes absolutely no sense. :cool:

17. When I was 13 or 14, before medical marijuana, it was still 100X easier for me to get weed than alcohol.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon

18. #19 ReturnFire333, Aug 12, 2014

There is no way use way use will decrease, it just isn't logical. So something about the study is inherently flawed or biased.