Legalize

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBattlehawk, Mar 28, 2012.

1. I am so fucking sick of marijuana being illegal. Its not harmful, its been used for thousands of years and now the world has so many brainwashed to believe that Its this big bad instantaneously addictive green shrubbery that in reality is less harmful to ingest than most foods now since everything is apparently a carcinogen nowadays. Why would we make a potentially billion dollar industry illegal? A thing that could devastate drug cartels income and create a safe place to obtain Your medicine. Truly I Have no admit that I have lost faith in the intelligence of mankind and really hope that one day I can be proven wrong and hopefully this day comes sooner rather than later.

2. We know this maaaaaan. There's more important manners to tend to in today's world.

Weed IS legal IMO. Just don't be stupid.

3. Marijuana will never be legal again, not in our lifetime at least.

4. Original rant sir.

So, what are YOU doing to advance legalization? Surely more than bitching about it on the Internet :p

5. this is a marijuana forum.. we have mutual feelings, but as said above just keep on blazing and be safe about it as for me.. i'm reducing my ganja intake, need to get things straightened out

6. The law is only as legal as it's execution and prevention. There's no cops in my life, so as far as i'm concerned it's legal until i get caught :devious:

7. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']Original rant sir.

So, what are YOU doing to advance legalization? Surely more than bitching about it on the Internet :p[/quote]

Yeah dude. Really mature to be negative. And I'm bitching about it on the internet because this site is for marijuana. So I'm pretty much using the site for its actual purpose. Think before you speak. Dumbass

8. Because theres more money in having it illegal than in legalizing it...

Humanity is very intelligent, just not the masses. The smart ones are fighting every day to brainwash the masses into keeping it illegal...

9. [quote name='"MayorMcStoned"']Because theres more money in having it illegal than in legalizing it...

Humanity is very intelligent, just not the masses. The smart ones are fighting every day to brainwash the masses into keeping it illegal...[/quote]

so the 800,000 people that are imprisoned each year(in America alone) that our tax dollars fund to feed, cloth, and pay literally every thing they use(rough total of $100,000 per person) and all the money wasted on this unwinable drug war is cheaper than taxing the hell out of legal weed, providing jobs for so many and endlessly stimulating the economy(people always want more weed).. doesn't seem logical. Check your stats again

10. #12 Storm Crow, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
    Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! :smoke:

It is hard for someone to continue to claim "Pot causes Cancer", when you can easily produce several articles like these-

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

[/FONT] Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

Science: Cannabidiol enhances the anti-cancer effects of THC on human brain cancer cells (news – 2010)
    International Association for Cannabis as Medicine

Or maybe they are ranting about "brain cells being killed by the killer weed"? :rolleyes:

Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood (news - 2005) Good News For The Medical Marijuana Movement: Pot Proliferates Brain Cells And Boosts Mood

Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain (news – 2005)
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist

Our biggest enemy is ignorance! When folks see what cannabis can do for THEM, then they begin to see that this is a safe herbal medicine with many uses.

How many of you know someone using Aricept, or is just plain scared of Alzheimer's?

Do you think that it is fair that they are FORCED to use an expensive, second-rate pharmaceutical drug when they could grow a more effective alternative? THC from cannabis blows Aricept out of the water! :eek:

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.

The "Uncle Joe's" and "Aunt Rose's" of the world will never vote for legalizing recreational use. :mad: :mad:

But.... if "Rose" is taking Aricept, their view of cannabis could quickly change if they read that WebMD article! :eek: :eek:

Our job is to get that WebMD article, and the hundreds of other articles I have collected, to them! Ignorance about what cannabis does (besides get you high) causes a lot of unneeded suffering! Let's show all the "Joes and Roses" the medical facts! :smoke: :smoke:

So rather than just gripe about things, get a copy of my List (bottom of my sig)!

Once you get your copy- you have a lot of possibilities!

You can write that college paper on MMJ. :hello:

Maybe leave a few print-ups at the local laundromat, or other places bored people gather. ;)

You can answer that idiot in the online news - and back yourself up with PubMed studies!

Send your doctor a few "interesting" PubMed studies (anonymously, if need be).

Writing your congressman becomes a snap! :D "Dear Congressman _____. I support medical cannabis, and you should, too! Here is one reason why- (Copy & paste in the article of your choice) Thank you for your time, (Your Name)"

And, most importantly, you EDUCATE YOURSELF! :yay:

I'm sure you can think of some other interesting ways to educate the public! But it all starts with you.

Activists make all the difference in the world! :hello:

Granny :wave:

11. People with power do get it, and they are becoming ever more vocal: Legalize Marijuana, BC Experts Say

The politicians who still tow a political stance are the ones out of touch. With more voters coming to age every year who represent the true demographics, those same politicians will have to change or be replaced.

Don't lose faith in humanity. Humanity is ever-changing. Instead, become motivated to address apathy; the true deciding vote in most elections.

Peace.