Legalize Medical Cannabis In North Carolina

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Russ67, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Thank you jduce2412

2. Signed. I would love to see MMJ in the south

3. I plan on owning a home there soon, so this would be fucking fantastic. Signed.

4. thanks please pass the word

5. new mind change alert...

the way the "medical marijuana" scene is in all the "mmj states" now, north carolina should shoot for legalization or decriminalization of cannabis.

cuz everyone and they momma gonna try and charge black-market prices.

if people want to help "patients", then the "meds" shouldn't be over 150 an ounce period.

6. Honestly, if we could all legally grow our own dank buds with the limited equipment and effort required, commercially grown bud would probably come down to about $25 an ounce and would be grown where tobacco is grown now. That would still be wildly more profitable per acre than anything else the farmers grow.

7. We the citizens of North Carolina call upon the members of the NC House to sign a discharge petition to permit a floor debate on the matter of legalizing medical cannabis.
    North Carolina House Bill 577 would legalize and establish a licensing, taxing, and distribution regime.
    If you are from NC please sign this petition

http://signon.org/sign/legalize-medi...b&r_by=1532492

http://nccpn.org/

8. #71 Russ67, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

9. The link says the page has been deleated.

10. I believe it will happen in NC, but not in the next 10 years. Wasn't this bill sent to a committee to die?

I know I'm going to catch hate for this and people will say I'm a pessimist and that it's about fighting for a cause, but I am an NC lifetime resident and I really don't think MJ attitudes will ever chill out here. I live in the most liberal city and county in the state and the police/residents still treat MJ like it's Meth.

It is entirely too religious and the NC House has been taken over by conservative republicans, and the Gov. (a democrat) has come out and taken her stand (against) MMJ/legalization. We're having a popular referendum soon on an amendment defining marriage as that between a man and a woman and it's expected to be passed by a landslide... Now, no matter what side you fall on in that issue, most people that believe that this marriage law needs to be written into our state constitution usually think MJ is an evil narcotic. (just to give you an idea act social attitudes) If you live in a college town or in the Mountains in NC, weed might be a little more relaxed.. But most places from the capital to the coast treat it very harshly.. If you have .5g on you, you're going to jail that day if they catch you.

... I'm moving to CO soon for work, but I really hope for all the patients and users that I am dead wrong about this issue.

11. Were almost to 15,000! If grasscity could help us, it would be great to get this ball rolling! A state in the south to legalize for medical use!

12. Please stop in and see us at: North Carolina Cannabis Patients Network
    we now have NCCPN GEAR hats T shirts ect ect

13. Bumpitys.
    Just signed the petition. Nearly 12k signed so far.
    3k more to the next goal. Come on NC!

14. I really hope more people will hear about this and sign on

15. its pretty popular.. if youve got facebook and arent scared then tell more there it spreads like wildfire