Legalize Medical Cannabis In North Carolina

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Russ67, Nov 17, 2011.

1. #1 Russ67, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    We the citizens of North Carolina call upon the members of the NC House to sign a discharge petition to permit a floor debate on the matter of legalizing medical cannabis.
    North Carolina House Bill 577 would legalize and establish a licensing, taxing, and distribution regime.
    If you are from NC please sign this petition

SignOn.org Beta

http://nccpn.org/

• Like Like x 1
  2. signed and emailed to friends yesterday!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you both

4. Signed and bumped ~

• Like Like x 1
  5. :hello:

6. not n NC but bump 4 ya n good luck, i beleive it'd pass if left up to voters there.

7. Signed and emailed

8. I did my part, now if our elected officials will get off their ass and respond to we the people.

9. Signed; thanks for telling us about it!

10. Bumpity bump bump bump!

11. Thanks to all that have signed the petition.
    Please help pass the word to others about this peition

12. If you have friends or relatives who are "on the fence" about signing the petition, sit them down in front of a computer, click that first link in my sig, and tell them to "just read the titles"! :rolleyes:

If they are half way sane, they will sign the petition before they get half-way through my List!

If your older relatives are against cannabis legalization, show them things like this- WebMD is a very respectable medical site and that first one is a doozie!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

"The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC." :eek:

Ask them which would they logically prefer- a less-effective and expensive pill with several unpleasant side effects :( , or an easy to grow, very effective, herbal medicine with the main side effect being that it "makes you feel good"? :smoke:

And then there's these, all from WebMD- :D

Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries
    Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer
    Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer

Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors
    Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors

Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells Pot Slows Cancer in Test Tube

Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain
    Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain

Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain (news - 2004)
    Cannabis Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Pain

Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation (news – 2007)
    Pot Chemical May Curb Inflammation

Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis
    Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults (news - 2010)
    Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain (news – 2003)
    Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill
    Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

You might even make some print ups of those and leave them in local laundromats, college lounges or other places bored people gather! ;) Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the NEED for legalization becomes obvious! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

13. Thank you Storm Crow would post this to nccpn.org
    Thanks

14. Also if you have family on the fence this is a great video!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/20129106]Medicinal Cannabis and its Impact on Human Health on Vimeo[/ame]

Thanks for the support all. I've got this floating around several places on the net.:smoke:

15. #18 J_Dawg, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    Do you have to live in North Carolina to sign this? This may be a stupid question, LOL, sorry if it is. I am tired and about to go to bed. LOL.

Oh, sorry, I do see that you have to be from NC to sign this. Wow, what was I thinking, right? Oh yeah, I was thinking that I wanted to sign this to help out but I'm sure NC will have enough people to get this too pass. Good luck NC!!!

16. im in lake tahoe as we speak but im heading back to my home town in the carolinas in the spring and let me tell you, you can not jus be sighing no papers, you gotta get out there and let people know u mean business not jus to smoke some cannibis, u gotta be out there everyday, like clockwork, have someone cooking food or making sandwhiches and things, and have someone making sure everyone stays warm during our movement, im down for the get down but we gotta be atleast 200 strong and we need to get stronger everyday, there needs to be a headquarters and security cameras cause police like to play so we gonna play, stay tooned in for the headquarters, probably location city like charlotte idk, stay stoned keep green and keep ur mouth shut and ur trap open