Legalize marijuana at the federal level petition!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by LegalizeUSA, Mar 6, 2013.

1. I have created a petition on the new We the People website that the White House has established for reviewing petitions. I need 150 signatures just to start for it to show up on the front page of the recent petitions so it can gain attention. This petition is the first of its kind on this website. We have 30 days to get 100,000 signatures and when that happens, the White House will release a statement on this issue directly. Please go to this link here: http://wh.gov/Gr2U and sign the petition. Share with as many people you know so that we can stop people from ignoring such an important issue! Again, you can sign the petition at this link: http://wh.gov/Gr2U or at this link https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legalize-regulate-and-tax-marijuana-federal-level/30RrdSl4

Thanks let get this ball rolling!

2. #2 Jazzyj, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    Hahahaha

This petition is not "the first of its kind."

At this point, there have probably been hundreds of petitions to legalize posted on that site. This is the standard response given. It's even on the first page under the "Responses" tab.

If you do reach 100,000 signatures, you'll get the exact same response.

3. I have had 7 surgurys for Crohns disease. Im 32. I started smoking marijuana 4-5 months ago and have experienced a REVERSE in symptoms. I now take no doctor prescribed meds. I only smoke marijuana daily. I now live daily with ZERO pain and ZERO symptoms. This post is the short version of my life.

Thank you. Signed. :)

4. I would like to add marijuana is a medicine not a social party tool. A glass of certain red wines are good for your stomach but abused and it becomes a destructive tool killing off brain cells. Marijuana belongs in hospitals and pharmacies and should be administered appropriately. Period.

5. #5 JoeGreen420, Mar 6, 2013
    +1 Jazzy. Obama aint no different than any of the politicians that came before him even when I read what Obama had to say about marijuana that you posted he takes no position he tries to play the fence just like on every other issue. Bottom line is it doesn't matter if your democrat or republican if you work for the system you're a politician meaning you're a liar I don't care about politicians I don't like politicians they are in it for themselves they don't care about the people even if they are suffering from Crohn's disease or any other deathly illness we need to do what people did back in the old days if the politicians don't listen we storm the White House with pitchforks in our hands like farmers and take back the power. if you look at history that's how alcohol got legalized after tense debates....makes you think...sad but true.

6. I also want to add it's not just the fault of the government but it's also the fault of the salacious american and british media... marijuana was legal until 1937 read up on some history and you'll see what I mean. The media (news outlets) are EVIL. peace out!

7. Allow me to paraphrase your posts

"Marijuana makes sick people healthy, but if you're already healthy it's bad for you." =.= that logic...

Cannabis has been a "social party tool" for thousands of years, and you're just silly for thinking that only sick people should have access to it. Then again I do smoke it to calm my A.D.D...:smoking:

8. You did not paraphrase what I said you simply put words in my mouth that I did not say so I'll say it again. Marijuana is a medicine. If you're not sick you don't take medicine. That's not very hard to understand is it? You can do what you want if you want to drink nightquil when you're not sick go ahead and drink nyquil if you want to take tylenol when you're not sick go ahead and take tylenol...... What I did say is this it belongs in the pharmacies and hospitals. As long as marijuana is used as a social party drug the all intensive drug war across the world will continue. And it has not been a social party drug for centuries you are wrong it has been a medicine in ancient Chinese dynasties for centuries highlight the word medicine not social party drug that's not very hard to understand I don't know where you're getting your facts..... But they certainly are not factual information. Peace out.

9. Let's take medicine when we are not sick and I'm the silly one? >_>

10. #10 Doormouse, Mar 6, 2013
    First off, please chill on the blocks of text.

Cannabis is not a medicine, it is a plant. granted it has medicinal qualities but that would essentially make every narcotic a medicine as well. To that effect your point is in fact, difficult to understand.

But if you insist on arguing that it should only be used medicinally how about all the proactive effects of the drug? The fact that it helps regenerate brain cells and protects the ones you have left? Or that it opens up your veins and allows for better blood flow/pressure? Or that it actually helps prevent cancer or asthma?

The list goes on.

Who are you to say who has access to all the potential benefits of this plant?
    Oh doctors should? Why? So they can continue to charge psychotic prices for something everyone should have access to?

And Cannabis has been used socially going back millennia (not centuries) in India as well as Korea. So before you start attacking information why don't you make sure you have yours correct.

Now before you manage to troll further, I'm out.

by the way, check this out: http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-...ions/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

11. Oh and sorry to kind of derail the thread there but as Jazzy said, these petitions have been sent in for a few years now. I always sign, but there's not much of a point.

12. What have you done locally? What have you done in your state? Unless you just got back from Mars, you should know about these federal petitions to legalize. They don't mean anything. The federal government does not operate as a democracy. It's a republic, which means you must contact your representative and petition them so they might speak on your behave, otherwise, you're just putting yourself on a list of names that want federal marijuana legalization, and everyone has access to it. Be careful what you sign.

13. I read up too "cannibus is a plant not a medicine". Where do you think natural medicine comes from? Your stupid..... unsubscribed from this post...

14. to* Cannabis* you're*

seriously...all you had to do was copy paste.

Nice though, I always love the "well you're stupid so I win" argument(Ad Hominem) it always speaks volumes about debaters character.
    Sorry to see you unsub from a thread because you can't converse with me like an adult.:D:wave:

edit: And by the way, I work in natural medicine so I know natural medicine comes from plants...IT DOESN'T STOP THEM FROM BEING PLANTS.

15. Stuff new Grasscity users say......totally called that shit!

16. Cannabis is a plant. The Cannabinoides the plant produces are drugs that can be used medically or for recreation.

Cannabis (and the drugs it produces) should NEVER be kept for or used only by sick people. Doing that would have no affect on the legality. You act like if people stopped smoking it for fun it would be legal medically, no.

It should be available to everyone to use in the way they see fit. Already healthy people can use it to remain healthy. Why wait until you get sick?

17. marijuana is a plant, that has many many uses. you see it as medicine, because, well.. you need it for medicine. but taking a standpoint like that makes the millions of people who smoke marijuana recreationally look like criminals and addicts.

and the drug war isnt just because people smoke it at parties.

its because of the insane amounts of money the cartels are making off of it, its about the insane amount of weed thats being smuggled in to the united states, and the insane amount thats being illegally grown and distributed throughout the united states, and the fact that gangs profit off of it. theres many reasons that theres a drug war on marijuana but i can assure you that they arent concerned about a kid at a party smoking a joint.

18. Simply put, cannabis has many medical, therapeutic, and just plain nice qualities to it. If you choose to enjoy it as one of life's simple pleasure's, there's nothing wrong with that. No one should be able to claim exclusivity over it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.