Legalize It?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by thejeremynix, Nov 22, 2011.

1. I'm writing a paper for my Political Science class on why I think Marijuana should be legalized. Part of the project is to perform a survey. I posted a link to my survey on Facebook, but I fear that I will get ver little response from my 120 or so friends. If any of you who read this could take a few moments to answer a 6 question survey on the topic, I would appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Here is a link to my survey:

The Legalization of Marijuana Survey

:yummy:

2. According to NIDA, 6,500 people a *day* in the U.S. start using marijuana for the first time - and that's after forty years of prohibition. The federal ban on marijuana sales does NOT prevent people from buying, selling and using marijuana! The Mexican drug cartels' biggest cash cow is selling marijuana in the U.S. – this earns them more than $10 billion a year and provided the resources and incentive for them to murder more than 50,000 people in the last five years.

Marijuana itself is FAR safer than beer and wine which are LEGAL, and is also FAR safer than the federal marijuana prohibition which funds the cartels and draws drug dealers into our neighborhoods and around our children. It is outrageous for the federal government to ban stores from selling legally-grown marijuana to adults when this ban makes marijuana *more* accessible to children by providing a financial incentive for drug dealers where otherwise there would be NONE!

Just compare how hard it is to buy illegal alcohol with how easy it is to buy illegal marijuana and you see how effective the legalization of alcohol has been with how ineffective the prohibition of marijuana is!