Legalize it Now.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Genesis123, Jan 26, 2020.

1. I have lost all hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lol! Let me know if it helps your piano playing! :toke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It's not cheap. I paid 40 bucks for a small jar

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. THC will. :hookah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Beatles were already the biggest band in the world. then Bob Dylan turn them on to weed. Rubber soul was the first album made after that. That is my favorite Beatles album.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yikes! That might put a crunch in my plans. :angry:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. #67 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    I love the Beatles!! They changed my life.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. I have to see my dealer today. Everybody in Louisville gets high. There are head shops every 100 yards. Kentucky is losing tons of money to a black market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think the chances of legal weed are better than my piano getting better, but I keep trying for both.

Edit to say I completely agree on The Beatles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. #70 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020

I just found this article with information (on NORML's site) about the number of studies done and a chart:

Congressional Committee Holds Three-Hour Hearing on 'Cannabis Policies for a New Decade' - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

"NORML Deputy Director Paul Armentano... added that a key-word search on PubMed, the repository for peer-reviewed research, identifies some 32,000 studies specific to cannabis and its constituents. 'While additional research is always welcome, it is not accurate to claim that we do not already have ample data to make evidence-based decisions with regard to marijuana policy,' he said."

[​IMG]

I agree -- enough studies have been done. Legalize It Now! :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Weed came from God. It is not man made. Yet in the bible belt it's the devils weed. these Kentucky cousin fuckers will never change. Joseph Stalin would love living here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #72 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020
    “Do you think the whole marijuana thing is a good thing?” Trump asked. Many voices at the table quickly reply “no.” A few moments later, Trump added, “It does cause an IQ problem. You lose IQ points … but it’s actually good for opioids.” o_O

Source (NORML): President Trump: Marijuana Makes You “Lose IQ Points”

“It is troubling that in 2020 we still have a president whose views on marijuana are rooted in long debunked rhetoric,” stated NORML Executive Director Erik Altieri...

"...but it’s actually good for opioids." Forgive my IQ, but what, exactly, did he mean by that? That is help decrease opioid use/addiction? :GettingStoned: Because, at first, it sounds like he was saying a lower IQ is good for opioids... LOL? :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I don't give a shit what party you belong to. If you're for legal weed you got my vote.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. That wouldn't be my sole reason for voting for someone, but it would weigh heavy in my decision.

• Like Like x 1
  15. At my age this is my #1 issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. I’ve heard of some stats that say there are lower rates of opioid deaths/addictions in places with legal marijuana, I think that’s what he is referring to. If someone could get to him with a case for it creating jobs, like I hoped Roger Stone would, I think it would push him in the legal direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #77 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    I should think along those lines, too. You're right -- can't do much about anything else, but you can (or should be able to) enjoy your last years. Hmmm... Now I pretty-much agree with you. :)

Edit: I'm sick and I'm mad as hell that I can't relieve the pain, and stress, with MJ without going to doctors, getting tests, baring the expense of that, begging for a cannabis "recommendation", paying for a MM Card if the doctor approved it, and there's no guarantee he will. I am part Christian Science -- the part that doesn't believe in modern medicine. I am a naturalist and adhere to alternative medicine practices. Why should I have to subject myself to those doctors, etc., to use a natural herb that's part of my belief? I'm just totally ticked!!!!!

18. Trump doesn't suffer from all the things that would cause others to use cannabis. I mean he has his health, he's never bored, he doesn't need to work and he's got s job, friends, can travel, etc. If he didn't, he might be singing a different time. Maybe.

I read that, too, about cannabis reducing opioid use.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #79 Genesis123, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Tolerance is something that is not taught, or practiced, much anymore (it seems). When I was a kid, I was taught to tolerate other people's views, opinions, nationalities, religions, and so on, and to respect them. Today, it seems to be more "my way or the highway". :sad:

I think people should be more tolerant of the rights of those who choose to use cannabis. My way, or your way, no difference. :D

So, cannabis should be legal and we should respect each other's decisions to use or not.

:judge: <<< teaching kids to be tolerant. ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. I think we should tolerate what anyone does as long as it doesn’t harm others. I’ve failed to see for some 30 plus years how somebody smoking/growing pot in their own home, or on their property, was hurting anybody.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1