Legalize it Now.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Genesis123, Jan 26, 2020.

1. #41 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    I was just reading a Forbes article saying McConnell isn't likely to allow a vote on federal legalization, because it will will create competition for Kentucky hemp farmers. (You guys, probably, already know this, but I'm just catching up on the "Mitch".)

Wow! With most Americans [the article says] supporting legalization, how selfish is that to deny the other 49 states what they want, so his state benefits!! I'm thinking a boycott of Kentucky hemp is in order. (Who's in? :love-m3j:)

The same article talks about Joe Biden. He thinks more "science" is called for to determine how it effects other health problems. He's unlikely to allow a vote until he gets his science. ... I don't even know to say to that... Maybe by morning...

Ya know, it all comes down to my OP: I should have the right to decide for myself if I use cannabis or not. If I have an illness and it helps me, I should be able to use it (and not have to be concerned about how it effects others with illnesses). And I shouldn't have to suffer because Kentucky can't share! Its all about personal choice -- should be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bottom line is we won't see any movement on the fed level until we get a friendly President in. Has nothing to do with hemp in Kentucky. I'd bet they are harassing those hemp guys in Kentucky to the point they're growing more grey hairs than hemp!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. KY will be the 50th state to make it legal. god I hate this place. I'm being force to go to a black market dealer. With not one penny helping anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vote for me. I'll make it happen! :D

:smoking-hookah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. you got my vote sir.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Bummer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The state by state legalization is great as long as you aren’t stuck in these red hell holes. If it slowly creeps into one tho, the others will give in for the money. Lotteries came to be like that. I’ve been reading lately thru NORML how a lot of decrim things are happening in southern states but mainly in the bigger cities.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Louisville is one of those cities. you get caught with under a OZ the police can't do shit. So the city is saying pot is ok but it's illegal. Only in the south will you find some shit like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. #49 Genesis123, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    I don't know any more about Ms. Eshoo than you've told me. I have a strong dislike for (and distrust of) politicians. I could tell you a bunch of stories -- none of them good -- none relevant to cannabis.

I'm glad you had a good experience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Does any of you know how the general public in Kentucky feels about legalization (% in polls for)?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Medical I believe is in the 90% range I think.

• Like Like x 2
  12. It would be interesting to see some southern state rec polls. I would wonder too if people who may not openly say they were in favor would actually vote for it. Of course as we noted earlier in one of these threads, a lot of these states don’t offer that option.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The trend is in the right direction, just needs to be more, faster, better. ;)

Timeline of changing marijuana laws

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Have any of you used CBD oil for pain (or anything). Helpful?

15. I’ve never used any but I’ve got a buddy who doesn’t use weed but swears by the hemp products. I smoked a bit of it once just to compare. I think I’ll stick to THC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. I'm tempted to try CBD, but fear I'll be wasting my money. However, your friend may have helped push me to giving it a try (for pain). Thanks. (But, make no mistake, I want and prefer THC.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Yes THC is the way to go. I use CBD for my knees. It works for minor pain.

• Like Like x 2
  18. @Genesis123, there are a lot of people who report good results and I’ve thought about trying a cream/oil for my arthritis to help with my feeble attempts at piano.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hey @old pothead, are you catching the news about Tennessee taking a shot at legalization? I have hope, but little faith.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thanks for that info. I should try it for the experience... see if it helps, at all.