Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ugadawgfan, May 28, 2012.

1. This is my first post so stay with me. When I medicated the other day I thought about when I used to smoke pot back in high school. It seemed as though every "stoner" was just a stoner to be a bad kid. They didn't smoke it to get high they mainly smoked it just to be able to say they did. So my question is, if weed is legalized do you think that high school usage would go down because there is not that thrill the kids get knowing it is legal? And what age do you think would be good age to be able to buy it? 18, 21 or what age?:smoke:

2. if the gov't is selling it should be same as alcohol, which is different for every country which is why its difficult to give a hard number. but studies have shown that legalization really doesnt have much effect on rates of smoking

3. I never smoked just to be cool, but I know many people who do. I actually try to make sure as little people as possible know I toke. :smoke:

4. Same with me gig. The less the better. An thanks for the info fish about the study. I'm just sick of the govt lying about mj. If its as bad as thu say it is 40% of our country is fucked

5. Cigarettes are legal, and you still see kids trying to look cool with those.

6. Good point wish. Didn't even think of that.

7. Looking back on high school, I feel like everything every kid did was because of the other kids around them all day every day, and weed is another one of those things. If it were legalized, kids would still be stupid about it. Such is life. Not a bad thing, really.

8. I don't know if it would make kids smoke it less because like WeaveandWish said, cigarettes are legal and kids still smoke those to look cool. Of course i think pot should be legal though and I think the age should be 18, like cigarettes. I think the drinking age in the US should also be 18 because at 18 you are a legal adult and if you can go to war and vote then you should be able to drink and smoke.

9. I really don't think many kids smoke to look cool. I think kids smoke pot for the same reason older people do... which is to get stoned. Being stoned is a pleasurable feeling, so why wouldn't you think the high school kids are smoking it for that reason?