Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization. When do you think its happening.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Joedahoe, Apr 3, 2012.

1. We all know that when weed begins to be decriminalized it won't just be made legal.
    It will become the states problem to legalize or tolerate.
    I live in Florida one of the anti weed nazis of America. I dont think it'll be legal for a couple years. How about your state?
    Oh and Californians....lucky bastards.

2. A LONG ass time. Easily not for the next 10 years.

I am assuming you mean full legalization and not MMJ. Completely two different things. I wasn't able to tell from your post.

Even MMJ will not be in every state within the next 10 years. Purely my opinion and many will disagree with me.

How can people say we are getting CLOSER when dispensaries are getting raided and shut down?? Not to mention cities in Colorado have completely banned dispensaries altogether.

3. I live in Washington and apparently with our new i-502 which is getting voted on soon we shall be legal soon enough ;-) ... Love this state.:smoking:

4. Just because it is getting voted on does NOT mean it will pass.

I have a feeling you're going to be majorly disappointed if you are preparing for full legalization.

5. federally probably not for 15-20 years. states can do what they want but in the end federal law trumps state law. regardless of state law you can still get fucked if the government decides to go after you

6. I hope I live to see it. I'm guessing 20+ years.

7. realistically, 20-30 years

8. Hate to say but probably never. Our government is too stupid. Canada is a different story though :)

9. the theory i heard was that once "generation x" who are far more liberal (generally) than their parents (the ones currently in control of everything) start taking control of congress and such they will start to ease up on recreational drug usage. i think we're beginning to see that with the MMJ movement thats slowly creeping across the country

10. Canada has a major ruling coming up May 8th, but even if it goes in legal weeds favor, the government will just appeal it like they did last time and take it to the supreme court.

They are kind of backed into a corner and it looks very possible that the superior court ruling next month could be somewhat of a pro-legalization one, however all the government has to do is appeal, delay the ruling another year and get rid of our useless medicinal program and they win again.

2015, provided there is not a Conservative Majority in parliament (and the NDP and Liberals hold a combined majority) could get the ball rolling, but for now our wonderful Conservative government is going kind of the opposite direction with Bill C-10...

11. [quote name='"GreenCrackYUM"']

Just because it is getting voted on does NOT mean it will pass.

I have a feeling you're going to be majorly disappointed if you are preparing for full legalization.[/quote]

I wasn't planning on full legalization. But we have some sort of new finger scan shit to tell if you are high at that point in time not just left overs from yesterdays smoke session.. That being said the bill makes it STATE legal so headshops and what not can sell weed and you can have small amounts on you and you get a dui if caught driving high. Better then nothing

12. I'm more optimistic than most, I say we'll have at least one or two states legalize it partially for recreational use in the next 1-5 years, then it will force the issue politically and the politicians will start to realize that most of their constituents support it so they will follow suit and it will become legal federally in the next 5-10 years.

13. it's decriminilized in massachusetts. $100 ticket for under an oz. and in, november i think? there's gonna be a vote on making it legal in the same regards as tobacco. i honestly have no idea how that will go.

14. What? I bet it will be legal in our lifetime. Take a walk down Venice Beach...if about half of the shops down there can be weed related then there is obviously some major tolerance for marijuana and marijuana culture.

15. This.

16. What we need to do is take the deciding power away from the Feds. It's not up to them to decide. Even if they say it is.

17. hey can you link me to the law they are trying to pass here in MA? im curious.

18. Before 2020 in Canada.

19. fuckin love venice dude. I went there and some dude was walking around casually blazing a fat doob