Legalization of all drugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by BlingBloawwBurr, Feb 17, 2010.

1. What do yall think of this. I hear alot of people on here say that its bs that the government tell you what you can and can't put in your body. So would you want all drugs to be legalized?

I really can't say I agree with this because after having my fair share of experience with shit I just can't see it working. I think it would be detrimental to society.

Weed on the other hand I would love to have legalized.

2. When defending cannabis I often mention how prohibition does not work (and it doesn't), it didn't work with alcohol, it's not working with cannabis....so it wouldn't make any sense to say it doesn't work for those substances and then turn around and say that we should still prohibit harder drugs.

I absolutely hate hard drugs, but do I think prohibition of those drugs is really helping anything? No...no I don't.

3. i watched a special on the drug war in the U.S. and they showed how in denmark or some country they tolerate drugs and shit, that would honestly be so much better then putting people in jail, i think its like more then half the people in jail are in for non violent drug charges.

4. Prohibition of anything never works better than Legalization and Regulation.

5. Yeah I think everything should be legalized, to an extent. There is no way any drug is going to go away no matter how much of it you confiscate so why bother throwing money away in the pursuit of doing so? It's just not logical, it's wasting money, its clogging up our legal system, it's giving criminal organizations a humongous source of income, and it's ruining peoples lives. It needs to end.

6. mark my words: this will never ever happen.
    don't waste your time worrying about this, just enjoy the drugs you do and dont be an idiot and get caught doing the illegal ones

7. I know this...This is more of a hypothetical kinda question i guess...

I do think the laws should be a little more reformed because alot of the negatives come from the drug trade which is caused by the prohibition but what some people forget is that alot of drugs are medicine and as sketchy as some of you think they are the FDA already regulates alot of drugs in their medicinal form.

My opinion

8. Yes, I think all drugs should be legalized.

But then again I think any advocate for a smaller, less powerful government thinks the same way.

9. I heard Switzerland essentially legalized heroin (which you can get administered from doctors) because a ton of people were ODing on fake heroin. Seems to be working for them.
    My position would be to legalize all plants (cannabis, peyote, etc) but to keep laws on synthesized drugs the same.

10. Yeah I mean heroin isn't really legal. Its administered in for of Diamorphine in extreme circumstances like when someone is going through a crazy W/D i think. I know its not just legal to buy ie. like over the counter or whatever.. In U.S. we would just use morphine or methadone..

I like the plant stance. It does kind of make sense, it grows naturally so the government should just let it grow and not try to combat living organisms. Intersting.

11. I feel that any money spent on keeping any drug or substance illegal, is a futile effort, and a waste of money.

HOWEVER, bringing up legalizing all drugs, while trying to get marijuana legalized, only serves to keep our fair herb illegal. It associates marijuana with drugs like heroin, meth, and some other bad ones.

One step at a time there sparky, legalize pot, show the world it didn't cause Satan to rise from the Earth, and enslave us. Then, and only then, start talking about legalizing all drugs.:cool:

12. Yes they should all be legal, the government controlling us (much less jailing us) for shit we choose to do (outside of robbery/murder) is just wrong...

13. You dont own youre body. Otherwise you would be able to sell it.

It's for the best though. Their are ALOT of REALLY stupid people in america. ALOT

14. YOU SAID IT PAL. :rolleyes: (the smiley was to show that this line was SARCASTIC.)

also, its up to one person what someone does with their own body. THEMSELF. its my right to put what i want in my own body. and the same for every other living person. sorry, but its just wrong to make it criminal for something one does to themself.

15. ^^ People do not know how to handle themselves let alone becoming impaired by hard drugs and becoming desperate to do anything for them.

16. indeed. i dont think we should have to fight for these freedoms, they should have never been taken away.

17. ya, i definitely do not support the legalization of all drugs

it just is not a good idea. people can be idiots, heck i dont even trust my friend to not drink too much beer at every single party. Legalization for cannabis for adults 21 yrs old, perhaps i would support. but ALL drugs? heck no

plus, decriminalization aint too bad either. its pretty win-win if you think about it
    :smoking::smoking:ill come back to this thread, dont worry

18. I think all drugs should be legal. I'm not saying hard drugs like cocaine or heroin are okay use but what I put in my body should be up to me.

Read the sig.

19. The Government has every right to tell us what drugs we can and can't do. By LIVING here, we are agreeing to abide by the laws set forth by the Government.

I don't want drugs like Heroine or Cocaine legalized...ever. I don't want to see degenerates walking around the streets of our country, sticking needles in their arms.

20. since they are the government they can do whatever they want and we have to listen? :rolleyes: