Legalization in the UK

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Mozambiqua, Nov 26, 2012.

1. #1 Mozambiqua, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2012
    The recent successes in Washington and Colorado have given me hope for the future in that we become a world where marijuana is a legal commodity everywhere.

Yet as I write this, the UK remains a place where many people have been led to believe that cannabis is dangerous and provokes mental disorders (I wonder how many people from the UK here have seen those mis-leading Talk to Frank ads and shaken their heads in disbelief, as well as the whole 'modified skunk' arguement)

As someone who feels genuinely concerned with the stance the UK takes on cannabis, what can we do as individuals? I personally want to make a change to correct the law that currently exists, but I have no idea how to do that. Is there anyone from the UK here who actively campaigns for cannabis reform who can help me out and suggest some ideas?

2. #2 BearKush, Nov 26, 2012
    I don't actively campaign but the law on cultivating was changed in early 2012.

As for legalization. As soon as the US is legal others will follow.

3. They still make propaganda ads for cannabis in the UK? I haven't seen one here in the US since 2008 (the girl and her talking dog).

4. #4 Mozambiqua, Nov 26, 2012
    Wasn't familiar with that update to existing legislation, thanks for posting that.

Indeed they do - Talk to Frank is the government subsidary that does this. They've even included a little mini-game type website that 'educates' the viewer on the danger of cannabis http://www.talktofrank.com/mess-with-your-mind

This is a clip of someone who beat them at their own game [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TdgI-0OsIE]3am call to Talk To Frank - Enquiring about positives of cannabis - YouTube[/ame]

5. a mate of mine said that next year if you are caught with possession for personal use you wont get arrested for it and they will just take your bud away and that's it anyone know if this is true or not ?

6. Yeah I remember seeing those Frank advertisements before I even smoked weed and they scared the shit out of me. Pretty sad, they would have been the main reason for me to not smoke weed had I not just decided to fuck it and do it at a party.

7. Really depends on the officer. I know people who have just had it taken off them but I also know people who have been arrested and fined.