Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legalization in Narvada and California

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Weezy01, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Hi I'll be travelling to the States late December and I wanted to know if a non US resident will be able to buy legally now in Vegas and L.A with the recent changes?

2. It will be awhile before they can get everything in place to start actual open retail sales in California I'm sure...you can buy recreational in Oregon now but I think it took 6 months to get licenses etc setup so I'm pretty sure California and Nevada will go though the same ??

Jar is always half full

3. No you wont. First off, recreational shops won't be open yet. Secondly, unless recreational is different than medical, you will not be able to legal obtain weed if you aren't a resident.

But you can definitely still get weed. Just ask around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. In Oregon we are still waiting for rec shops. We currently allow medical shops to sell rec

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  5. I agree. If you walk in with a turbin on your head and a middle eastern accent (for example), then they may ask for a state issued ID. If you don't have it, then you may get turned away.

6. I'm pretty white and every medical dispensary I have been to asks for an ID and your recommendation in order to become a member. And then I have to bring my ID in every proceeding time so they can verify that I'm a member.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pretty sure any recreational dispensary is going to ID you before you can even be in the same room where the product is. They don't give a shit if you look 95 years old, you are gonna get ID'd before going to the floor, and at point of sale.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm over 50 and walk into recreational shops no I'd required no questions asked even when from out of state

Jar is always half full

9. Yeah, nothing is going to be up and running in a month lol. As already mentioned, OR's still working on it and won't be done until sometime next year. Meantime we can buy from med dispensaries a bit at a time. even that took months to get to that point. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's legally available.

• Like Like x 2
  10. So at the moment tourists can go to shops and buy small amounts without needing a medical ID?

11. Yes in Oregon I know for a fact you can

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Weezy01
    Not in California.. While it's now legal for any adult to Grow and posses small amounts it'll be Jan 2018 before the full rec systems comes into play.. Until then the current medical system remains in force with a valid Ca state ID and medical recommendation needed to get in the door of any dispensary..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  13. In OR you can buy a 1/4 oz a day and 1 edible from a medical dispensary. That's not what the law allows, that's just a patch so people can legally purchase. We won't see actual rec stores in OR until next year some time.

14. In California if you are over 21 you can posses up to an ounce now. Non med sales are not permitted at this point but you can gift weed to other people over 21 just like you can give a buddy a beer or a bottle of wine. Recreational shops are not going to be seen for another year.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Hi Mr Fooey thanks for your reply - that's very interesting. I guess I am now looking for a friend in LA or Vagas to share a beer with... any takers let me know haha

16. I'm about 80 miles outside of downtown LA right on the road to Vegas. Hit me up and we'll have a local brew.

17. Pe
    Perfect I will be passing by that way late January so look forward to catching up!

18. It's been too long, we absolutely need to do some catching up.

19. Far far to long :)

20. You guys know each other? Lol