Legalization in MA?!?!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Cap'NKush, Sep 24, 2016.

1. So Massachusetts is looking to legalize recreational use of marijuana! What do you guys think? You think its going to pass? Weigh in on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I've been watching the news about it for a couple weeks and I'm so excited. I live real close to mass and wouldn't mind living there if I had the chance. In my opinion based on what news I've read I would say right now it's a close call with number 4 just passing. There's only one way to truly know and that's just to wait it out until Nov and see.

3. The momentum is on the side of Yes. "Yes" was slightly underwater in July, an August WBUR poll put Yes on top by small margin. Now the latest WBZ poll is 53-Yes, 40-No. The best news is that as Yes has one up, Undecided has gone down (is 7% in the WBZ poll) so it seems as people make up their minds they are deciding on Yes.

But it's definitely not a sure thing, by a long shot. In the WBUR poll, the demographics show that voters aged 60+ were almost overwhelmingly against, and they are much more likely to come out the polls. So don't get comfortable, go VOTE. And if you have a older voter in your family TALK TO THEM about why full legalization is the right thing for the Commonwealth.

One more thing--the 800 lb gorilla in the room--the presidential election. Trump is losing by huge margins in MA, and one presumes Clinton voters are more likely to vote Yes. (Though obvs. this is not universal! Libertarians might support the more right wing candidate and also support full legalization.) But I do think the presidential election will mean a high turnout (the Sec. State thinks it could in fact be record turnout based on registation numbers and absentee ballot requests).

So all in all it looks GOOD for Question 4 but NOT a guaranty by any measure so Mass smokers, GET BUSY!!

(P.s. I'm not officially associated with the Yes on 4 campaign in any way I'm just passionate about this for obvious reasons.)

4. Be sure to know what legal is and how they plan to regulate it