Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legality of Marijuana in the UK

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Draggy, Mar 26, 2012.

1. #1 Draggy, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  2. I don't quite understand what you want us to be looking at...

I don't think that we will see cannabis legalised in the UK in our lifetime simply because the pharmaceutical companies are paying off the government.

3. No, still illegal

4. I just thought that someone may know if it's for real or not.

5. I saw this a few weeks back, basically i grow 2 plants privately for personal use if i get caught which is unlikely anyway, ill receive a band c fine or a medium level community order but knowing police round here ill give them the old im a hard working student etc and theyll just take them off me.

For possession you get a warning then a £60 fine, youl keep getting fines mostly, just dont carry over an ounce.

6. Wow, that sounds fantastic actually... So if I've got a gram with me, then all they can do to me is make me pay £60?

7. They will take it off of you, fine you and if you are a minor they will contact your parents or guardian.

8. Yo man, I see your from scotland! I just want to ask you something, say if you were caught by the police with like a gram what would happen would you just get the 60 quid fine would you not get a record or anything? Because I heard that a criminal record for possession can make it really hard to get into the US?
    Cheers :smoke:

9. [quote name='"McTroll"']

Yo man, I see your from scotland! I just want to ask you something, say if you were caught by the police with like a gram what would happen would you just get the 60 quid fine would you not get a record or anything? Because I heard that a criminal record for possession can make it really hard to get into the US?
    Cheers :smoke:[/quote]

Most police i know will just confiscate it if your polite, if they are dicks and can be bothered with the paperwork they will process a warning although im not sure if it goes on record as ive never encountered the police luckily :smoking: but it cant hurt to enquire.

(if your under 18 they will just tell your parents, i wouldn't imagine it goes on record)

10. Nice, cheers man! :smoke:

11. Depends what your like with them and what mood they are in.

12. No, not legal, this has been in place for over a year now. Basically reduced the sentence for personal use, it's not too groundbreaking it was essentially done to deal with the workload of police. But also because they have laid off a lot of police officers they have to make amendments to keep them on serious crimes.

In practice there isn't a HUGE difference, depending on how you acted with an officer you could have received a penalty like this already. But it certainly adds a little protection those who wish to grow. (From a criminology graduate)