Legal trouble, need advice!

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddSquad, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Hey all. I wasn't too sure where to put this, but it seemed like the best place to put it. It's been awhile since I've visited these fourms, but I need help. Well, not really help, but some advice and probably a good educated verdict.

So here's the story.
    Me and my buddy D have been smoking together for about 3 years. We were smoking buddies. Everything was fine for these three years given our conditions. We shared a common interest and goal completely hindered by MJ. We both want to be a United States Marine. D is already sworn in, and I have a contract signed and waiver going through. We stopped smoking so we could take the physical and pass the drug test. This was all out of the way more than a month ago. D had thought that he could still smoke until a month before his ship date, because thats when he would get drug tested again. So he was smoking and I was like "cool dude, be careful" but Friday night I decided to have one last smoke with my good old smoke buddy. So us and two friends went out Friday night and picked up an O. Rolled a blunt and went blunt crusin. After that, D pulled out his 2 ft. bong and we smoked a bowl of MJ and a bowl of K2. Then we dropped off our two friends, found a place to chill and rolled a J in the car.

So at this time it's about 11 at night and we're on our way to drop me off. Driving down the road, hittin the J, we see a cop speed up next to us. I hid the J and we just kept going... WHEW WHEW!!!
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
    I put the J out and hid it in my shoe. We pull over and the cop comes up and says "Just to let you know, you are being video taped and recorded. Do you know why I pulled you over." D goes "Honestly, I do not." and the cop replies, "What are you supposed to have on at night?" He looks at the front of his car, and turns his headlights on.
    **in his defense, his car is old and the headlights aren't very bright. the headlights have 2 settings aside from off. One lights up the dash board and the other turns on the actual lights. The road was VERY well lit. The headlights were on when we left to drive me home, but he must've hit them off sometime during the trip, presumably when using his turn signal. I didn't notice that they were off either.**

The cop flashes his light in my face and asks me my name, so I tell it to him. He walks away with the ID. At this point we're thinking he's going to get a ticket. While the cop is away, another one comes up. SOB... The other cop comes up to my window and asks for ID. He then asks me to get out of car and asks me if I'm under the influence. "No sir." I walk over to the cop who had originally pulled us over and he asks me to empty my pockets. He pats me down, checks my crotch, checks my ass and tells me to sit on the curb. So I do. Does the same to D, and he comes over and sits next to me. Nothing was found on either of us.

The cop walks over to D and tells him to stand, then proceeds to put him in handcuffs. Never read him his rights and never told him he was being arrested. The two cops now begin to search the car. As this is happening, a tow truck pulls up, ready to take the car away. They do a general look around and find nothing. Nothing in the seats, nothing in the cracks, nothing on the floors. They open the glove box and pull out a glove which had the O in it. They then open the trunk, find the 2 ft. bong, and a box which had a grinder, scale, baggies and probably some other stuff in it.

Then the cop comes over with bags and what I presume to be cotton swabs, but I never got a good look at them. He takes a saliva sample from both D and I and told us we'd be getting something in the mail about it. The cop tells me to get my things off the car. After I did that, I asked to speak with the officer in private. I explain our situation with the marine corp. and asked what was going to happen and what we would be charged with. He never said what we'd be charged with, but he offered me a... "DEAL" I guess. He told me to turn in a drug dealer and we could work something out, then proceeded to give me his phone number. He asked if I was okay to walk, and sent me on my way. D got taken in handcuffs. They never gave me back my ID. We are both 18.

After I talked to D a couple hours later, I learned he was never told what he'd be charged with. He got blood taken, and from what I gather, that's about it. He was released from the station.

Yesterday we went to the police station to find out what we were being charged with and to get our ID's because D left them there by accident the night before. Unfortunately, the cop wasn't going to be in until 7, and we can't get a copy of the report until Monday.

D's dad is a cop who works in the district, and he said everything that was wrong with the situation, and that the cop probably won't work a deal out with me if I turn in a drug dealer. Rather, he just wants to use me.

SO.. that's my story. I have no idea what I'm going to be charged with, and D doesn't know if he's going to get sent to jail. This is my second offense, previously I had an underage drinking that got dropped to a disorderly conduct. This is D's first offense.

Does anyone know what I'm going to be charged with? What he's going to be charged with? I didn't really speak much. More or less it was "Yes sir, no sir" until I explained that a possession charge would dishonorably discharge D from the military, which would probably F--- him for life.

There is ONE option, in which case I might be able to get saved, and so may D. D's girlfriends mom has a lawyer who fought and won her case with a DUI, where she blew a 1.7? I think it was. Which is apparently Wasted under the influence, not just drunk. Do you think this guy can help us? Should we even fight it?

2. Hire

a

Lawyer.

3. Lawyer lawyer lawyer

rights rights rights.

4. you should flee to canada

5. +rep to the 1st 2 replies.

6. Yeah why consult us? The only real way to get correct answers is to Ask.A.Lawyer!

7. Use your friend's dad's insight on the situation. He already said everything is wrong about this.

8. sounds right fucked up to me.
    #1 i dont think the cops had reasonable cause or your consent to search the car.
    #2 they cant take blood and saliva samples either.
    #3 u should of got your id back

hire a lawyer tell him what happened. good luck

9. Lawyer up man, if it's true what you say it will be on the dash cam vid.

10. from that story alone it wouldn't have mattered if it was pounds they found... get a lawyer and your scott free. So many of your rights were in violation and if you said your buddy's dad is a cop then you should have no worries.