Legal Florida Cannabis Industry

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jaybird24, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Anyone have any insight on the cannabis industry and grow facilities in Florida? Idk just curious..

2. I know, I meant more of an inside source... just what it's like working/growing for trulieve, etc

3. I don't know if a lot is really happening yet....

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've been talking to a couple guys who work at one of the nurseries approved to grow the cbd cultivars and thought it was pretty cool and if i could find anything else out. I was trying to find out how to start working on a way in, but supposedly you have to be 21 to work in the industry in FL right now

5. Or even be on this website...

J

• Like Like x 1
  6. What?

7. Straight over his head hahahaha.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ah, got it now

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just joshin ya dude... lol

Good luck with the Florida thing. Hope it works out for you folks down south.

At the very least it's certainly a good step in the right direction - and especially for Florida

J

• Like Like x 1
  10. The state government is trying to 100% control every aspect from seed to shelf. There will not be any mom and pop growers and FL medical will flop if continued this way

Most states on the east coast are adopting New York's medical marijuana laws. It's a joke and only a way for the state to say "we have medical marijuana" while still arresting people and collected fines and court costs from cannabis related offenses.

Take me to your Weeder.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah that's what I keep hearing which is really fucked man. I'm hoping things will get better once they see how much revenue it brings in and as the demand rises. I can't see it lasting this way, however, I Also cannot see FL walking away from cannabis at this point.

12. I'm working on my plant science degree and hope to become a legal grower here, but can't do that with the gov trying to control everything and have as little people as possible growing

13. Unless you have a nursery that is 7 years old or older you will not be allowed to grow in FL.
    And you get chosen the the FL cannabis nursery lotto. Which isn't a lotto is based on how big a "donation" you gave.

Take me to your Weeder.

14. I know, that's why i'm saying I hope it changes...

15. Almost want to vote no now to fight for a better bill. But it's too close to the vote, it's gonna pass.

16. Baby steps - for now take it as a win and a step in the right direction.

Florida has had very bad marijuana laws for so long that in my opinion at least it's a small step…

J

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thats what I am thinking too jerry..........well at least HOPING! FL has been pretty crazy with their laws so in my eyes IT IS a huge step for us Floridians.... I just hope it is indeed a STEP and not the "final outcome"

• Like Like x 2
  18. Nice to see a fellow floridian kronik352