Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal advice help please

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by chris72494, Jun 30, 2013.

1. So I was sat in my flat last night, quiet sat night in having a toke. 5 police officers turn up at my door saying they can smell weed from outside and want to come in. I reluctantly let them in as I was aware of half my neighbours at their spyholes. I had just under a quarter and they confiscated it and are reporting me to the procurator fiscal. can anyone advise me on what my rights are here? considering I was in my oen property, by myself and clearly didnt have enough to supply. really dont want a drugs charge on my record. im in scotland too if that makes a difference with laws etc?? any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Looks like you're fucked in the bum mate.

3. That's pretty shitty, man. As far as I'm aware, they had probable cause to come in because of the smell, I could be wrong though.

4. I think you need to find someone who knows something about the law over there. I'm disturbed that you were more wary of your neighbors than the cops asking entry. Good luck, man. Fuck the drug war. Five cops for a guy smoking a bowl...

5. yea seriously 5 cops? go bust a meth lab you pussies

6. you don't even have to answer the door unless they have a signed search warrant. you fucked yourself.

7. ^ exactly... your rights were to say "no, I don't consent to you searching my property" and make them go get a fucking warrant. By letting them in yourself, that rule no longer applies.

this is technically right tbh, but then they would get a warrant and just come back later that day or the next day. im pretty sure everyone stoner in the world probably has little weed crumbs lying underneath the couch or bed (or whatever), so they would've found that and fucked him that way.

good luck with your situation OP.

9. You can't assume the laws in Scottland are the same as the US.

They may not have needed a warrant to enter in that country.

10. You could have not answered the door...
    But the smell was in fact probable cause.
    A neighbor probably reported you for the smell.

Good luck OP.
    most states are relax on first charges.

11. I hope you get a warning instead. I believe the smell gave you away. You were in your own property. Just make something up.

This isnt America.

If the police have beyond reasonable doubt they dont need anything.

13. In the US police need 2 things to search your house

Probable Cause & Exigent Circumstance.

Exigent circumstance is achieved if they have reason to believe you may destroy evidence, i.e. flush your weed.

14. Very true... didn't realize OP was in scotland, my bad.

15. You get a attorney bro, laws nothing to mess around with. Here in the states there is a first time offenders program which can get it expunged from your record, you should see if Scotland has something similiar

16. no problemo.

Also OP, act as if you have chronic pain, or depression.

Remember, if you promote it for its medicinal use, you will prob get a fine at most.