left or right handed and my take...

Discussion in 'General' started by pepto1014, Mar 26, 2010.

1. #1 pepto1014, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2010
    So, I'm left handed. I know that only 7-10% of the population is left handed, but it seems like since I moved to Florida, a lot of my friends are left handed as well. They also smoke pot. So, I got to thinking about people I've known in the past and it seems like almost every left handed person I know either has smoked in the past, or currently smokes. IDK if there is any correlation with being left handed and smoking bud. I would think maybe it has something to do with left handed people generally being more creative since we use the right side of our brains more than the left. Maybe that's also the side that makes us more prone to smoke. (Not saying you have to smoke just because you're left handed) Opinions, thoughts?? Anyone noticing the same thing I am?

2. lol i highly doubt there's any correlation...but i am left handed, and i do chief the reefer

3. I consider myself right handed. But there's a lot of things I can do just as well with my left...

I write with my right hand, but my print looks just as good when I use my left hand. It's a little more noticeable with cursive.

I throw with my right, but when I played baseball I would switch hit. I also like to box south paw style, which is mainly how lefties fight.

4. I doubt there is too, but it's just weird. So I figured I'd poll all us blades and see what's up anyway

5. I'm actually ambidextrous. Learned to write with my right hand, and then shattered my right arm when I was 7 and had to learn how to write with my left. I got pretty good at it, so I would always just switch off between hands in school after that when one hand got tired.

I do the same with any other activity. Just switch off. My right hand is still the stronger of the 2, though

6. maybe you have more chit chat time with people who smoke?

as in enough time talkin with these folk to find out if they are lefties or not

/ also you see which hand they take and light bowls w/ etc

a thought.

i'm personally right handed (i eat right handed, write right handed, shoot hockey, lax, basketball... throw righty... stand right handed when i hit the bags or mitts)

7. I'm right handed at almost everything. The only thing I can think of that I do predominantly with my left hand is beat off... maybe it's so I can use the mouse.. :D

8. The reason most people are left handed is because the Wernicke's area(involved inspeech and writing) is on the right side of their brains. Right handed people have it on the left side of their brain. Besides being right or left handed doesn't make you more creative.

9. Most people are right handed, not left

I am right handed too. I used to skateboard, and I guess I was the equivalent of left handed in the skateboarding world by skating goofy.

10. Hey smart ass, read the whole sentence. I'm explaining why most left handed people are left handed not saying most people are left handed.

11. Im not being a smart ass and I still dont see how this only says why most left people are left handed. Dont be rude for no reason, and second you might want to go back and look at that sentence, it clearly says "most people are left handed," not "the reason most left handed people are left handed is . . ."

I truly was completely confused when you said this and im totally sober right now too.

12. Im left handed. fight south paw, skate goofy, jack wit my left, hold my joints with my left.

my right hand is useless :rolleyes:

13. haha i smoke trees and im left handed. i do ERRYTHING with my left hand tho.
    except eat soup. cereal and other shit i use the left hand but not soup:confused:

14. I use both to jack the cornstalk, ambidextrous I am.

15. I'm a righty but i masturbate with left.... how the fuck would i use a mouse with my left hand

16. I am predominantly right handed, but I can use my left hand if I focus and pay attention enough to what I'm trying to do with it.