Leds on my wall

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sypha, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Thinking of putting up theses leds in my space..

Question is.. can u put em on the walls of my space instead of ontop of the plant??

I want to still use acouple cfl’s 5600k bulbs for the top of the plant..

Interms will make the room brighter so will the blurple spectrum still be used while the 5600k will light the space up??

So many questions someone plz help!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot

2. Awsome ill definitely look into em’

I guess my actual question is..
    even tho the blurple wont be sen by the human eye(cuz of the 5600k led) will the “blurple” light still be beneficial to the space.. will the rays still be useable even tho our eyes still cant see em’

Or is it pointless to have the “blurple” leds if im going to have the space lit up with cfl’s

Smoke-A-Lot

3. and I am saying don't get blurples as they are not as efficient as the new Samsung technology.

And as far as 'how do blurples affect plants', this is a complicated question which needs experiments! I plan on doing a comparative grow using straight Samsung vs. Samsung + blurple. It will be fun to watch later, but as of now... idk.

If you are considering upgrading your light system, consider PCB light boards, as they are turning out to be the most cost effective and productive technology on the market atm.

4. Okay got it.. & yes they are very affordable thanks for the info.. awsome!!

Will they still be effective if i use them with cfl’s
    I just want to put leds on the walls for the sides and bottom of the plant to get efficient light..

Those pcb leds come in a variety of clors do i just look into red & blue
    (One red strip, then one blue strip, then red, then blue..ect.. till the walls are covered) (pcb led’s are that affordable!)

Then 2-3 5600k cfl’s for seed & veg then 2700k for flowering all the time leds on the walls are in the mix.. good idea or a waste??

(Pcb leds i found are going for $15 for a 20’ strip with power source - 50/50leds)

Smoke-A-Lot

5. I sent you a pm bro ;) This site will be useful to you as well.
    edit~ fixed link.

6. Awsome link mann thanks so much you just started something
    Ive never thought of doing that

I enjoy the hands on on building stuff
    Im a carpenter plumber & an electrician all by trade not handy man!!

I cant wait to tackle something like this ithink thanks to you im going to make my own board now..
    but i was aiming at the walls BUT only if it was going to benefit from it.. i wasnt really looking to upgrade as ive seen plenty of great first time grows give great yeilds with cfl’s.. i just thought the leds on the side walls will help with getting light to the sides & bottom portions of the plant.

But wasnt sure if theyll work cuz of the sunlight comming off the cfl’s.. but mann thanks for all the info.. really kool!!

Im definitely going to make aboard for future grows.. but just thought of the leds on the wallsfor this space..

Do you think their worth it withthe cfl’s covering up their light colors cuz cfls are so bright????

Smoke-A-Lot

7. The samsung diodes are very powerful and can penetrate at very deep levels, so side lighting is irrelevant.
    I don't understand, you are using CFL to flower or just for the seedlings and full out veg? Because if you get the diodes I reco'd you, you will not be thinking about lighting issues. You would instead grow and train the plant to use all the canvas in your space and flower, scrog, all the area. You may just want to invest in a small pcb board and forget about the strips and use the CFLs for side lighting if you want.
    How large is the area?
    How much is the LED tape?

8. Just my two cents worth, skip the side lights and invest in a quantum board. You said you are a handy person so a diy quantum board would be pretty cheap to build, especially for one plant. If you train a plant right side lights will not be necessary. There are a few QB experts on here that would probably be willing to help.

9. No i want to use cfl thru out the entire grow but just thought of leds to give the sides light..

Im just going to use cfl’s (that i already have) for the rest of this grow.. (ill just put cfl’s on the side for this 1.)

Im definitely looking into making a board & youll be the first to see it.

Smoke-A-Lot

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks!! I might buy 1 but im really interested in building a board..

Im just doing 1 - 2 plants at a time dont really need a crazii light set up.. i know cfl’s will work great, but leds it might flower better. Idk it just a thought.

But im going to stick to cfl for the rest of this grow..

It was only if it would benefit if not ill scratch it n just stick to cfl’s.. ive seen alot of good grows & yeilds using cfl’s

Smoke-A-Lot

11. I just added 2 more lights

Now using over 6000 lemens from 4 5600k cfl’s i hope its enough light for the rest of my grow..

ill switch 3 of em to 2700k during flowering which i plan to start in about another week.. what you think.

[​IMG]

Smoke-A-Lot