led vs metal hallide

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jonnybegoode, Jul 21, 2011.

1. i am currently using a 400w metal hallide for veg and a 400w hps for flowering. im thinking of switching to led since they put off less heat and dont need a ballast, what would be an led with equivalent power? also what are the pros and cons of the led's? do i need two seperate led's for veg and flower?

2. I've seen GC blades using the 90w led's instead of MH, seems to work well..

I use a 96w T5, it's probably not as good, but IDK.

Some people also use those kessil's for supplemental lighting in flower. there are blue led's and red ones for the different stages.

3. ive heard that the leds dont put off the same type of light as the MH? do you know which is better for plant growth?

4. im also thinking about keeping the 400 MH as my veg tent and making another tent for flower with led's, would i have an issue when moving the plants from the MH to led to flower?

5. I like his songs very much.HEe is so popular dancer.One of the most renown musicians of all time composed some of the greatest songs such as ^3No woman, no cry^2, ^3I shot the sheriff^2 and ^3Buffalo soldier.An anonymous internet article titled ^3Bob Marley^1s bibliography^2 says: He has become a semi-religous icon whose work in promoting peace, justice and brotherhood nearly outweighed the brilliance of his wonderful music. Marley had such a talented voice he used it to create harmony within himself and with the rest of mankind.Bob marley had an incredible passion for the sport of soccer. On a 1977 European tour, Marley played an informal soccer gameBeing a visionary, Marley foresaw his death. He realized reality and what was going to happen to him. An internet source titled ^3thirdfield^2 writes these lyrics by Marley: ^3Å’One bright morning when my work is over I will fly home^1^2 Marley was a great ambassador to the world preaching unity and justice for all. He wanted everyone to get along without violence. Not many people can measure the importance of Bob Marley to his people of Jamaica. He gave them an identity and a way to expre

Bob Marley Quotes

6. ^^^^ that was random....

check out rumpleforeskin (I think that's the name) HPS vs LED challenge experiment. I thought it was a good example. I have seen LED's outperform HPS though, But there were as many watts of LED as the HPS. I think it would be cheaper to use led's for veg. and hps for flower (I actually use a pulse start MH 3k), because flowering LED's like Kessil h350 are pricey.