Led tv as grow light.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by The Third Eye, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Was wondering the same thing .
    I pulled the screen off of a damaged 70" led, once the screen was pulled I popped off the lenses of each one which made the leds spread . So now I might see if it will in fact work

2. #22 Sickjoke912, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. What about just using the led array behind a broken led tv?

4. Might be able to use it as a veg light. Wattage would be low then obstructed by the pixel surface of the screen.

5. We got tweekers growing weed on this forum now?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. What's wrong with all the negative Nellie's. I think it shows creativity thinking this way. An led is an led some more efficient and some different spectrum but there all light emitting diodes . From what I know it would work for veg for sure because veg doesn't take many watts. Hell you can grow a plant with a regular light bulb it will just stretch all to crap. There is a million ways to.grow lot and if I were you I'd do it just to say you did. And it's not like your buying a tv you have it .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alot of people nay say because they've never had to dabble... Some people don't have hundreds to thousands to spend on lights, I know my first set up started with 5 4ft 2 bulb t8 florescents and they grew some f in plants....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. The current qb board leds from samsung are from the same family of leds samsung originally designed for backlighting in tv's. If you took the tv apart and took the leds out then arranged them into some type of grow light it could work. The newer the TV the higher chance it will have some higher efficiency leds. They would tend to be more blue leaning white leds.

• Agree Agree x 1