Led strips?? Any good??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sypha, Jul 19, 2018.

1. @ daggerstain.

I have 2x800 LED boards in my 2x4. I run them at ~25% power. I have 28000-32000 lumens all over.
    Those lights could cover a much larger (4x4) area at higher power with less light distribution. If I ran them at higher power I would be over 100,000 lumens, which would cook everything in there.
    "Low power on the canopy lol" "Man how long u been growing ?"
    you are being condescending. I been growing since the early 90s.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes, I know its excessive, I think a 6" gap between boards would be better, but the drop in lumens is very dramatic when no LEDs are above. I plan on getting some 301b strips either side of my 800 board in the future.

So, in other words, in a 2x4 tent, one 800 board with two 4' strips on either side would be better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. She was talking about using the led strips . My misunderstanding there. And yea I was being kinda rude . Thought he was giving bad advice about those strips when I knew better. As I said my bad . But I'll always call someone out for bullshit advice hope anyone here would. To that have a good day.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

4. I posted a list with reliable LED/PCB providers, not junk diodes.
    Some strips are good, if they have the right diodes; I'm thinking this or maybe something like these.
    I would not waste my time with the LED strips described by the OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You sure it aint 3w per strip what are ypu using to power them and got any pics or links if you can power them of a 18v drill batt i doubt there 270 or of your doi g it off a transformer again i doubt its 270w but pics or links would.be help ful

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Dont power your led at 100% 62% is enought past that the led emmits less light for the power used and creates alot of heat so 62% powered is best plus the will last longer not burn out and require less heat sinkage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. 65AE22FA-5E87-4F21-800E-2B0F8518B885.jpeg
    I use something similar to those cheap LED strips in my ice fishing shelter. They run off a 12v battery so they can’t be too strong in terms of output. They are pretty bright though

8. View attachment 2475603
    I use something similar to those cheap LED strips in my ice fishing shelter. They run off a 12v battery so they can’t be too strong in terms of output. They are pretty bright though

9. Yea they tend to be bright as a led flashlight. But no power u could lay it on a plant and not get any light burn. Man I need an ice fishing shelter lol. But dam here n Ohio it don't stay cold long enough anymore lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fellow ohioan here...

I dont understand this, if OP wants to build let him build. Then after he grows with the home depot light strips and sees the 20$ return he got on lighting, everyone will be back on the same page I'm sure.

Just go HID, everyone knows they work haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. So no good for growing a plant then?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I would say no, since that isn't their true design. It's not that it wouldnt work, it would only give very unsatisfactory results.

I am a commercial electrician. Any led chips isn't going to run its max wattage when powered. Only due to efficiency.

So the reason everyone is giving you the slack about the strips isn't because you are incapable. It would end up wasting a lot of your time and energy. To each their own though.

I had to walk my own path when I first started and I messed a lot up and missed many opportunities to harvest my own bud.

Once I followed the grower's advice on here and did MY OWN research, only then did I get the results I wanted.

As for the LED chips, like someone else said on here, you get what you pay for. Whether its safety, efficiency, output...etc.

Cheers m8
    And sorry for the rambling. Nothing here meant to be taken in negative light.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Know what.. you guys are right.. i asked for a reason.. i got my answers.. & im satisfied.. you guys did what a community is suposed to do..

You all seen i had an idea that wasnt a very good one.. you try stopping me & pointing me in the right direction..

Couldnt ask for a better community of people..

I wanna thank everyone for their input info & advice.. you guys just saved me time & bread.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anyone wants to watch a vault multistrain grow let me know 1530556833284.jpg

15. I'm in.... link?

16. Won't let me with my phone now for some reason . It's under multi strain grow the vault seeds

17. Wassup peeps

Question.. again.. lol

Does any know about these popcorn led bulbs are they any good at growing meds??

About how many will i needfor my small space..

I keep asking bout lighting cause i really wanna lght up this small space to get the very most out of it.. thanks fellow growers.!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. again your wasting your time . If u want meds that will do anything for you u have to have power . Everyone's explained that to you. Those lil garbage lights aren't for growing meds period. And cfl grow lights are a joke also . Start reasearching lighting that will be your best option.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Omg

Only $50 its brand name and should do the trick in my small space

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Yes that at least has the different spectrums u need to complete a grow . U asked now u got the idea