LED lights help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MVelazquez2010, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Hello GC, im posting this to inquire about LED lighting for my next grow. My last grow I ran with 4 CFL's which caused my many heat problems, and burns :mad: on my girls and also quite an addition on the light bill. I would like to use LED's for my next grow because of their premium efficiency. I have been researching and I have stumbled across this specific one.

The GlowPanel LED grow light - led grow lights -Sunshine Systems

I believe this will be sufficient enough to handle 1-2 girls [autos and regular fem] from veg-flower, no? If anyone has any remarks on my light suggestion please do shareI am open to all forms of assistance and tips.

Best --

2. That light is bs it wouldnt support one happilly , if your going with leds witch I do recomend because of you save money on electricity(LOTS) and the reduction in heat , Also the 2011 models are getting better and better for growing , I Use the lighthouse 100watt 6 band ufo , perfect , increses budding by a lot and works perfect for autoflowers just leave the auto flower on the same light schedule the whole time and you will be surprised !

3. Why wouldn't it be able to support one plant? It seems quite adequate. Your 100w UFO seems tempting but 100w is a little too much, I don't want to use that much wattage, I used roughly a little over that amount last grow and my bill was a little stiff, Do you have any other suggestions on LED's thats not a 100w?

Thanks!

4. The leum output per watt on led light are not to high compared to fluros and cfls there fore you need more watts with leds

5. you could go with a 50 watt

6. 50w sounds reasonable? Do you have any specific 50w LED's in mind you could share with me? So far the only one I have in mind is a 28w LED panel that covers 5 sq feet of garden space. If this isn't sufficient enough please share some links if possible. I would appreciate it. The only thing hampering me from popping my seeds is my absence of a good LED light

7. i have 2 of those panels, experimented for a grow with them in my 3x3 tent .. not really good enough for flowering at all .. they do however work awesome as side lighting. you could check out the penetrator series of led lighting or the magnum series .. they seem to be better then most
    hope this helps .. hate to see you spend your hard earned cash on panels that wont work for you

happy growin

8. Usually what they say the light does is about half of what they say , but Just see if you could find some good deals on ebay or amazon of a 50watt , that will work for 1 plant for shore , maybe a blue and red Dualband or a tri band

9. If you can save around 300 You should copy my setup -
    GL 40 grow tent SMALL
    100watt Lighthouse led
    Nutrients
    Outlet timer
    PH stuff

cost me about 300 and im not looking back!!

10. may you could try Apollo LED grow lights, the lights can be adjusted by yourself, high or low,just as you like.

11. you are right, and you need good grow lights, which is safe for human body .
    and how many watts you need depends on your planting area , also depends on which plant you grow .

12. I'm looking at a 90w UFO LED tri-band. Will this be enough for one regular plant and one autoflowr? Two plants total

13. think over, may be is good idea