Led lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by soss77, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Hi. Ive seen in a couple of posts people seem to be gettin good crops from using led lights. Was wondering if anyone has any info ie what output is needed, what the costs are and any general views on them. I settled on cfls for now but im open for a bit of new technology.

2. Compared to hps,90w led -supposed to match 400 hps,that's what they'll all tell u,300w led-1200w hps exc...,it depend on how large u wanna go,a 90w led UFO can b good for about 4 plants in veg,for flowering I'd go hps,but iff u insist to go with leds,you can add the cfls and together they're a nice combination,the more the marrier,as for prices,check out from guys in your region,I ordered customized to my needs from china and for veg I use only LEDs,for flowering hps,but 2 each his own,as for cfls try t5,u need 6500k(kelvin) for veg,and 2400k for flowering,as 4 the leds - look up for 1w chips,not 3 or 5w,ratio 8-1(8red,1blue),beam angle 90 percent,red660nanometer,blue450nm,and you'll b fine,remember that LEDs And t5s go verry good together,hope I helped,peace out.....

3. Thats very helpful. Thank you. There are so many different ways to light em up. Its tricky knowing what is best. Im just starting out and rather than buying different things I want to buy the best from the start

4. That's my cue! Chiming in for the BEST LED imo. And my partner and I both bought the Lumigrow Pro650 btw. LUMIGROW!!! LUMIGROW!!! LUMIGROOOOOOOW!!!!! The research and developement team is on a totally different level.  

5. Since I can't seem to edit or erase this, and other similar pro-lumigrow posts. I'm retracting all previous statement and apologizing to all offended.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 kid.smalltime.grow, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    I had a large grow room with 1000 watt lights. Now I am going small and will probably go with a Hydro Grow 126 for about $800. I suppose it could handle 6 plants, but I only plan on growing 2 at a time. Since it is only for my own consumption now, there is no need to maximize.

If you are considering LED, talk to or email Hydro Grow. They are really friendly and will help you sort through the hype and myths.