Led lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Time to 420, Mar 22, 2013.

1. I am getting back into the swing of things after a 4-5 year hiatus. Part of getting my grow going again is investing in some L.E.D lights. Looking around online and pulling my hair out over frustration of what to get I ran across a brand called Blackstar that has excellent reviews. When I Googled it I found a Blackstar brand that also calls it's self Skunk L.E.D's. After calling my local grow shop they told me they can get the Chrome series as shown on Light house Hydro's website. When I looked they are very much different from what I had been talking about. I seem to have run across something else entirely in regards to the "Skunk Blackstars". When I try to find reviews or opinions I find nothing but the website itself. Has anybody ever heard of these? The price is defiantly right but I don't want to by some cheap fly-by-night companies junk.
    Any clarification, opinions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. Id recommend California Lightworks Led's. I have a 200 watt Solarflare and it works great for my 3x3 grow area. Gonna definitley get one of the Solarstorms when I can.
    Check 'em out theyre pricey but best on market right now imo.

3. And made in USA.

4. I have a 3x6 foot area and plan on getting 2 of the 6 or 8 "module" lights for the area. I want to blast it with light without any dead spots so I can make full use of the space. I love the California light works lights but that is a lot of money to drop considering this is for my medicine and not business. I do appreciate the recommendation and will probably end up going that rout since so many people seem to like them.

5. I've grown with a 500w blackstar flowering led light. It went well. 1lb from a 16 plant s.o.g. in a 4x4 closet. I'm using a 350w Dr. Growrite quad band right now and it's going well.

6. Is it a 500 watt Blackstar chrome from lighthouse or from Blackstar Skunk? This is what I am trying to figure out. Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

7. Lighthouse.

8. any one know anything about the holland star brand ive found a bunch of things randomly around sdome sites originaly found them on ebay trough a wholesaler ....
    thdey use the epistar chips and are 300w/432 true whats 144x3w 6 bandthey have six ballbaring fans for cooling... i can provide othere info if neededd ...

9. I hear black dog leds are good as well.

10. so theys holland star leds seam like they are worth it there made with quality materials and what not ive hered that the epistar diodes are the ones to go with but not sure tell me what u know and ill figuer from there ...

11. I'm saving money to buy a 60w led panel that's supposed to be good for smaller grows and it's kinda cheap.

It's over at ledgrow.eu, costs 200euro total for european delivery but they also send over to your side of the pond.

I was close to buying it this month, but turns out I might be giving it to the doctors instead. Gotta get rid of the clap, yup.

12. good luck...

13. This is the light and company I am speaking of:

600w Blackstar LED Grow Light

Please check it out and let me know if this looks worthwhile or if anybody has ever even heard of this company before.

Thank you all.

14. Im using a 180w blackstar LED from HTG and it's working pretty damn good. Even for flower.

15. This seems like a very nice light, I will need to add it to my list.

Has ANYBODY ever even heard of this other brand?
    Skunk LED Grow Lights

16. Look at hydro grow LED lights they have the top led technology.

17. I finally bought the 56w ledgrow, you can check it out in my thread :)

I have brought 2 crops to harvest now under my 800W Solarstorm. I'm new to personal cultivation so this is the only light I've ever used, so not really anything to compare to, but in a 3'x4' specially built cabinet we cultivated 2 plants the first time and 3 the second (but with three there was a bit too much crowding and a lot of the lower branches failed for lack of light penetration). We got about 7-8 ounces of high quality bud and another 4-5 ounces of trichome laden leaves from each harvest. Using DWC with FloraBloom. Because we messed up big time with our original "2nd" batch (got stupid and instead of multiplying nutrient ratios by the 7 gallons of water in the reservoir just added the 1 gal. amounts - funny how the plants didn't make it...) so both of those were from seed (the doomed "2nd" batch was from clones off the first). Batch #4 has been in bloom mode for 2 weeks. This is 2 clones from a mother cultivated from the other seeds planted for batch 3. 

tl, dr: 100% positive endorsement for California Lightworks. CEO George M. has been quick to respond the few times we've had questions. One bank of LEDs did go out, and we they replaced the whole light with another in less than a week from CA to NY. Another time my fan controller got unplugged somehow and the temperature must have spiked and the light cut out. A quick email from George and he assured me (correctly - and before I even located the unplugged fan controls) that it was probably a heat issue and an automatic shutdown for safety. Sure enough after cooling down (and plugging in the damn fan) everything worked fine. 

19. I just pull 7 3/4 oz from 2 auto flowers using a 350 Dr Growrite led.

Sent from my XT557 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: