LED Lighting - Cheap and Basic Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jamsplash, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Hi,

I have done makeshift grows in the past with CFL's and they have worked out pretty well. I was thinking about doing the same with LED Lighting but I don't want to fork out big money yet on an actual big ass light.

Anyway I will get to the point...

I am looking at this site: LED Light bulbs GU10 MR16 E14 Dimmable 50 Watt equivalent

and am going to buy a whole bunch of these lights:
    For vegging (cool white AKA pure white): GU10 LED SMD Next Generation Pure White 350 Lumens
    For budding (warm white): GU10 SMD LED Next Generation Warm White 350 Lumens

My only problem is I have only used CFL's in the past and want someone who has actually done this or knows about it to confirm this will work just as good or better. I don't want to make the big mistake of thinking it will work and then realising it doesn't!

Also is it true that cool white are better for vegging and warm white is better for budding?

And I am open to alternatives so if you know of a product that costs under £400 ($620) suggest it and link it to me via your posts.

LED Pros:

• 94% cheaper electricity bill (no nasty suprises in the mail)
    • Practically no heat dissipation (no thermal imaging for cops)
    LED Cons:

• I don't know what results it will yield
    It kind of is an experiment and I am treating it as such but if someone knows they are shit I won't even bother.

Thanks for your help guys.
    Jamsplash