LED Light Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TWTHEREDDRAGON, Sep 23, 2011.

1. #1 TWTHEREDDRAGON, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    This may sound silly but i'll ask anyways. I am growing with a 250Watt LED light and so far we have been more than impressed...

I know the pro's look down but thats not the point.

Last year I got LED Christmas lights for the outside - really bright...I know plants need certain spectrums, but I was curious if putting some in the grow room could actually help?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I figured since people CAN grow with only CFL's - maybe adding some Christmas Lights to the room could also help since it is light...Lemme me know what you think.

I will probably try it anyways, just cause it will look so badass to go in there with the LED and Christmas Lights...and well...every harvest is like Christmas i'm assuming

2. no good... they are just regular light bulbs with colored glass.

3. They have LED christmas lights now a days. I dont see it hurting. Just dont know if it would help any

4. These are clear - looks like the headlights on new cars - almost so white it looks blueish

5. Wont hurt like I said above. I did a little research and they are the wrong spectrum. They are used for decoration. To look good to our eyes. If u know something about plants ull know the color temp has alot to do with what the plant obsorbes or doesnt. They wont hurt but they wont help very much if at all