LED grow w/ X2 450W viparspectra

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Devo86, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Hello All. This is my second grow overall (first one being disappointing). I am in the state of Massachusetts so in 14 days it will all be legal:toke:. My first grow was with CFL's (2007) with 3 plants and only one turned out to be a female. The yield was only about a quarter. I did get a lot of knowledge so I wouldn't consider it a total loss. This time I was drawn to the LED's because of cooler temperatures. This current grow was started Nov 1st and to my on ignorance, I repeated a lot of mistakes I did the first time. I heat stressed them, used a a organic soil mix with nutes when they were seedlings with no perlite. I slightly nute burned them and drainage was a nightmare (in solo cups). I transplanted to 3 gal pots with plenty of perlite and non nuted soil. They have since bounced back and have recently shown some real vigor in terms of growth. Since I used nuted soil when they were seedlings I didn't give them any nutes until yesterday, they got a 1/2 tsp of grow big. Recently I received some white rhino fem seeds & kaya gold fem from nirvana along with some autos from attitude. I am looking to get started on those sooner than later so I am thinking of leaving them in the 3 gal pots and flower in about 1-2 weeks. I do have some 5 gal smart pots. This grow is more to iron out all the noob mistakes i'm guaranteed to make and hopefully be able to hope make half as many of them on the nirvana seeds. Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Setup:
    Strain- Unknown bag seed from about 3 years ago
    Lights-18/6 X2 450w viparspectra, will throw in a 300w galaxy hydro full spectrum for flower
    Tent- 32x32x63
    Venting-6" carbon filter with a beast of a motor
    Soil- Pro-Mix w/ perlite at about a 70/30 mix
    Nutes- FF trio along with open sesame,beastie bloomz, & cha-ching

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. How's your progress going? I picked up two of the 450w as well to start mine. Hope you keep this updated. Will be good to see what these lights can do as there really isn't much out there I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. I actually culled em last night. 3/4 turned out to be males so I am germinating some auto fem seeds from attitude now. The lights work great. I have these in a tent and if you are planning the same just make sure you have a way to deal with the heat

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Good to know. Going to be running a 400CFM phresh 6" carbon filter, but with a speed controlled Hyperfan. So I should be goods on heat. Humidity is my issue as I live close to the coast. Will have to deal with that when flowering / drying.

5. If you have purchased a Viparspectra light then you have purchased a non compliant light with FAKE RoHS certification labels and no actual offical certification ever bwing issued forbthe brand.

The seller will not provide the official certifications and said they will only give them to the government to which they still will not do.

Check your lights for the fake lables and get a refund.
    They have spelt RoHS as RoSH compliant. The CE markings are also FAKE.

I have eported the brand to Trading Standards as if this kills you or someone else or even burns down your premises you will be held accountable 100% for using a non compliant electrical appliance and will void any insurance you have fpr your premises.

Take a look at the labels on the back and leave negative feedback and report the seller to eBay or Amazon where you purchased it from.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seems like you have a axe to grind. I like these lights a lot and am getting amazing results from them. Take your spiel elsewhere

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Its not an axe to grind, more about letting you know the safety of the lights but if thats not important to you then good luck.

Lets hope your not asleep when it decides to burn down your premises.

8. There's little that I can provide on this forum about growing anything. I got a vasectomy because I doubt I'd make a good parent. However, if it's one thing I know a lot about, it's standards. Thus, this response.

I'm not saying that Dave is wrong or anything like that, but after some soul searching and Google, I think others might come here and read about his disdain thinking they have stuff to worry about. You might, but there's honestly better things to be worried about in my opinion (and I worry a lot about stupid stuff, so I'm an expert).

1. CE: This is used to prove you conform with European laws about how your product is created. LED lights are one of those things that you are able to 'self certify', without much hassle or extra effort. It's almost impossible to actually validate without any work, but for the most part it means your product is at least usable according to specification. I'm not saying that it's not important, but a weird logo is rarely a good reason to raise suspicion about a product.
    2. ROHS: This is more serious. ROHS certifies your product has no harmful chemicals. The only time this is really important to consider is while repairing or recycling electronics. Since LEDs don't have the chemicals listed it covers, the only thing one would reasonably be able to conclude is that there could be lead in the solder of the circuit board. Since lead solder is more expensive, and this is cheap, I venture to assume they don't. However, if messing around with the circuit board, I recommend caution. However to that however, it's a cheap Chinese product, so I'm not sure why you would be messing around with the circuit board anyway. Maybe you're a tinkerer. Good on you. Buy American to do that (kidding! Everyone knows our best stuff comes from Taiwan).
    As far as it causing a fire, I don't think either of these problems are worth the effort of worrying too much about. Plus, that's what smoke alarms are for. On the other hand, you may be putting yourself at risk for dangerous exposure to carcinogens if you remove the cover and work on them. But you are exposing yourself to dangerous carcinogens when you partake on an extracurricular activity that involves inhaling burning vegetable product as well, so keep that in mind when making this risk assessment.

I'm not saying Dave's being untruthful, but after looking around, I have no clue how he managed to find a place to submit a complaint, and even then, how he would have any idea that the company didn't respond to the EU about it. A standards body is under no obligation to inform the complainant about the status of an ongoing investigation.

Short story here is that if you are easily bothered by poor typography, don't buy a product from a company where English is not even a second language. Otherwise you'll be fine.

Cheers.
    V.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Used one of these for a 2x4 not bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum