LED grow lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by papaben25, Oct 1, 2009.

1. has any one had experience with THELASHOP.com and their LED grow lights?

2. I have 2 90watt ufo led lights and I wish I didn't. They aren't very good, they don't promote much side branching and they don't make flowers are big as hid's. I had 2 seedlings under the led light and then I started 2 under cfl's a week later, the cfl ones caught up to and are passing the leds with more side branching. The flowers are coming in nicely but aren't nearly as big as I had hoped I haven't harvested yet but will soon. It's rediculous how much these suck and I'm pissed, I'm selling them on ebay and getting an 8 bulb t5 fluorescent light and hope that does better.

I'd only use led's if heat was a serious issue, even then if you are growing in a closed closet the heat from the led's will build up at least with mine it did, it took several hours but turned a room starting at 74 to 85 in like 4 hours and I opened the door after that so it probably would have kept going up. I was really surprised it did that.

3. unless you purchase your unit from a reputable dealer, than expect crap. also dont shop on e-bay, all scams. not saying that you did, or that your deal is a scam, hehehe. research before you buy. good luck.