LED For 2x2x4

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Paranoid4areason, Jan 10, 2019.

1. What wattage LED would you recommend for such a small tent? We're trying to figure out if we're going to do a small tent or a big one, we might be moving soon so a big one might have to wait till we get into our new place in the summer. Is 300watt sufficient or could I go higher in such a small place? Heat will be an issue, I can do fans and such but I don't think I'll have access to a window or AC to bring in cool air

2. U will have to bring cool air in. Won’t need a fan for that tho. 4’ Tent with leds will be rough. Ur lookin at 12”-24” distant from plays to light. Ull rll have to scrog n keep plants trained n short early on

• Like Like x 1
  3. BD78AD90-793D-43E8-939E-BB74BA0E9484.jpeg 42CE5594-BF11-4722-9DA1-AC73D65A0B58.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Thank you, we'll try and rearrange our space to see if we can't put it by a window to bring in some winter air.

Do you have a recommendation for what lights you would use in a space this size?

5. How do u cool ur place? Central air?

6. 04D081EC-388B-4AF0-B1E9-A3BEDAD0142A.jpeg If u don’t mind order things separately u can get(see pic) n order other pieces and get the 150-54a driver n run at 160w

7. sweet I'll check those lights out, thank you.

We have a window shaker and not even in the room, but we have two windows and we live in Michigan so it's super cold generally during the winter and the windows are hold and lots of air comes through so was thinking if I could pull from that maybe.

8. Welcome neighbor/rival!! Same issues with window. I draw cool(dry) air in from window n winter then will lay flex ducting over ac vent n summers. If u cant move tent yet try to place a couple fans on house to get cooler air blowing in room tent is n

• Like Like x 1
  9. that's a great idea to draw air into the room, I can do that for sure, thanks for the tip. In the summer we're purchasing a place, we've been looking for awhile and should have a place by then. We're going to make sure we have a bigger space in our purchased home so we have a room or attic or basement etc :D Can't wait... but for now, it's gotta be tiny as our rental house is lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. The most you want to run in a 2x2 area with higher quality led is about 160-180 watts or so.

One of these would also work great.
    QB96 Elite V2 Engine

on this driver. It has an included dimmer and would run near 200 watts draw with it maxed out but with the current out screw all the way down it would only put out about 90 watts.
    https://onlinemeanwell.com/en/hlg185h54a-1334.html

Hang it on one ratcheting hanger and wall mount the driver.
    IMG_1090.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Would just one of these be a good choice for growing autos seed to harvest in a 2x2x4? Do you even need a vege light?

12. Perfect light and no you don't need a veg light. The qb96 vegges quite well. There is some discussion of it's great veg ability in the lighting section in a few threads. The spectrum of the qb96 averages out to about 3500k. It has a thick blue part of the spectrum curve so it makes an excellent veg as well as flower light with it's intensity.

For a 2x2 area if you hung a single board and powered it with a meanwell HLG-185h-54a you could run it dimmed all the way and at maximum distance for the start of veg and work your way down to 16-18" or so and full power at the end of flower.

That driver will have built in voltage and current dimmers capable of cutting output slightly under 50% so down to about 90 watts for early veg and then ramp it up to 200 watts for full on power for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HLG-150h-54a might be a better fit for a 2x2 on second thought. That's a small space. The 185 might be too much power even dimmed all the way for veg. 2x2's are small.

14. Okay cool I think ill just get one of these and try going 1-2 white widow autos under it. Im sure you could get an oz white one plant and on qb96?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. I think you could grow a 6oz plant with a qb96 easy. Maybe up to 8oz's. They are power capable about 1.5 x what a qb288 is capable of.

16. Honestly they are capable of way over 8oz's per board. Probably more like 10-12. The qb288 is basically an 8oz capable board.

17. I partially say that because over a year ago a GC member grew a 4oz plant from a single 60 watt 4k qb120 board. The qb96 absolutely smashes a single qb120's performance. In the right hands they could really amaze people with their output. You can run a single qb96 board on an HLG-240h-54a driver and it won't break a sweat. Full output.

18. Max power capacity on a qb96 if you want to add active cooling is 6 amps at 54 volts DC. That's 325 watts. You could theoretically run a single qb96 on a 320h-54a maxed with a good fan on the heatsink. Maybe a nice 120mm pc fan.

19. That really is good to know man. Seems like its a pretty future proof board interms of upgrading the powersupply if i ever got a bigger tent and ran a few in series

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cant hand my lights i need light hangers..any ideas??