LED distance from plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jackmir, Jan 25, 2012.

1. I got a 120w Tri band Led , and was wondering how far should the plants be from the light?

I have my flowers 2 inches away from the light, so far so good

2. as long as the heat from the lights (which should be very very little) isn't burning or drying out the leaves you're fine. You want the light as close as possible. It sounds like you have it perfect! Good luck! :smoke: ~K

3. if that works man, let me know... for me they're about 8-10 inches away. they'll get closer by my plants were initially grown for a micro, i have to grow some taller plants to find out how much closer i can grow

:yummy:

4. [quote name='"DnKBuds"']as long as the heat from the lights (which should be very very little) isn't burning or drying out the leaves you're fine. You want the light as close as possible. It sounds like you have it perfect! Good luck! :smoke: ~K[/quote]

Thanks bro, I think I can even get closer than 2 inches but it's only my 2nd day using Led. Gonna pace myself as I get closer n closer without burning

5. [quote name='"passwordistaco"']if that works man, let me know... for me they're about 8-10 inches away. they'll get closer by my plants were initially grown for a micro, i have to grow some taller plants to find out how much closer i can grow

:yummy:[/quote]

Hey man, I think 8 inches is a bit far, how hot does ur Led get? Mine isn't even close to warm, I'd like to get it as close as possible without burning, try it at 3 inches then two then even one inch.
    Experimentation is the key issue

6. Yeah I actually tried 1 inch away on the 2nd day, no sign of burning.

I do not need height increase as I've got a ScrOG set up in my tent.

I'm loving the Led, and can't believe hot cool it runs, coming from Cfl which wasn't too hot, buy not a cool ad led.

Also the purple color just makes it liok more trippy.

I love my plants :)

7. [quote name='"Jackmir"']Yeah I actually tried 1 inch away on the 2nd day, no sign of burning.

I do not need height increase as I've got a ScrOG set up in my tent.

I'm loving the Led, and can't believe hot cool it runs, coming from Cfl which wasn't too hot, buy not a cool ad led.

Also the purple color just makes it liok more trippy.

I love my plants :)[/quote]

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, I'm high as a kite ;)