LED computer grow box with pics!!!!!

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by boricuapuffer, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hi boricuapuffer, they're looking much better now! Nice to see those roots developing, and some healthy looking leaves growing.

As far as those bottom two rumply leaves go, they won't recover, but there's no real harm in leaving them, as you'll be seeing a lot of new nodes and leaves growing. So leave them for now, and once the plant has a few more leaves they'll probably die and fall off anyways when the 5 bladed leaves start taking the light. ;) Otherwise, if there's enough other leaves, you can snip them off.

@geneticengineer: I agree with you, but you must remember, a daylight CFL contains the full spectrum of light, but most importantly for vegging, it contains the blue spectrum. So, by adding a lot of red LED's now, would only add more light in the red spectrum that the CFL is already giving off, and the plant wont be using the red spectrum right now as it is still in the vegetative stage.

So supplementing a warm white (2700k) light with red LED's while flowering is a good suggestion, but adding red to a daylight CFL serves no purpose, imho, to a vegging plant

Good luck for the grow boricuapuffer!

~ST

2. when should i start LST'ing smilintime, or is the plant too young to put it under that kind of stress

3. I think your plant will be quite short from the looks of things, and with that CFL it probably wont be stretching at all, so i think you'll be pleasantly surprised with a plant which wont need to do much LST.

Maybe try screening these plants like this thread shows:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/47671-scrog-white-widow.html

A different form of LST, but very effective in my opinion ;)

You can tie them down to widen them out a bit under the screen

4. I am thinking of making one of these growing boxes. Did you use the fans that were in the computer before you took it apart and how did u power them?
    Urs looks GREAT

5. THANKS! yes i did use the fans that were in the case, i got the 120mm fan from inside the dead psu when they gave it to me and afixed that to the back (outtake vent), i used a regular ole 12v dc adapter to power the three fans, i cut off the end and attached it to the corresponding wires on the fans, tape it up with black electrical tape and voila airflow!, as for the rest of the case, i taped everything in place with aluminum tape, i put a couple of layers underneath the airpump just to lessen the hum it makes, but other than that its some really strong flexible tape to use in a project like this.

6. With such a small grow space and a small hydro set up leaving room for only limited root growth I would recommend LST. It will allow you to get the best yield out of your small spaces.

7. oh i plan on LST'ing as soon as i can!

8. Where did you find a hydroponic system that fitted in that computer? Ive been searching for almost an hour and can't find any. My computer grow box is about the same size as yours.

9. dont search online jayopp32, i went to my local 99 cent store and picked one up for 3 bucks, covered the thing in aluminum tape and thats it. just make sure to know the measurements inside your case and bring with you a measuring tape to check the size of any would be hydro containers!

10. as for the other pieces of the puzzle i picked them up in a petstore!

11. Thanks...
    Did you follow a plan or just figure it out on your own? I almost have all the parts but am very confused to where to put them.

12. i looked at pictures online and kinda said to myself, hey i can do that. when i actually did everything it just came together perfectly, i borrowed the concept from rumpleforeskin with the whole aluminum tape and it works out, zero light inside the resovoir, why dont you post a pic of the case your working with and i might be able to help you out.

13. edit: my bad, didnt see you posted pics today.. looking good b.. lookin good

14. I will post some pictures when my box becomes more updated. Today I stripped the computer box and started looking at things I need. I thought I would start with the hydroponic system. I found a container about 12 cups(or 2.8 liters).How do I set the pump and net pots up though?

15. i affixed the pump to the computer wall in the back near where the old exhaust fans were for the cpu and had the air outlets faced down. i then ran a line from the pump to inside the container, i slit a little hole where the lid closes and i ran the air line through there and then connected it to the air stone inside the container......but before all that went down i decided how many net pots i wanted on top of the lid sooooo i decided on three even though i primarily only wanted to grow 2 plants, the reason being is if i had a bad plant i can get rid of it with no worries and still have 2 left over to deal with, just take your net pots and make an outline of them on top of the lid, then cut like a quarter inch below the line you drew so that the net pots sort of sit flush with the lid, in my case i used a dremel to make the cuts but you can use whatever you have on hand to do it, hope that helps man good luck with your grow

16. What type of light r u going to use for when you flower?

17. Hi boricuapuffer,

Thanks very much for sharing the pictures of your amazing LED computer grow box. That was truly entertaining! I'd like to see lots more creative posts like yours.

Tressie. :wave:

18. i will be using the LED panels to flower, i am using the CFL at the moment to vegetate as my good man Smilintime pointed out to me

19. How's the smell? and how much have you spent on this so far? Could you provide a list?

20. Listen these people dont know much about these panels. The bulbs burn out very easy, and take out rows of lights. I keep mine on a flower cycle, and im still pushing it. Ive burned out curcit boards, bulbs. The works. I have two types of panels 12v and standard 110 volt panels u plug rite into the wall. They say these panels need to be cooled 4 minutes every four hours. Let me know what you have mabye i can help a bit. Im harvesting noww.