Lebonese Children (graphic)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Rasta_Man, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Thats really fucked up

2. I went to the website and looked at the photos. They made me feel like absolute shit until I realized that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. For the all the evil that's done in the world there's someone somewhere being compassionate and doing good to others. No, it doesn't negate the deaths of those precious and innocent children but it means hope hasn't died with them.

At our core we're better than these horrors we just have to see that.

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death."

~Robert Fulghum~

Stay green.

3. The first time i've cried in months.

Thank you rasta man, for continuing to keep these events in our minds. Its so easy to forget what's happening thousands of miles away. New news comes in, and suddenly everyones talking about something in iraq, or the un's plan to stop the violence. You never see these types of things on tv. If you did, the people of our country would not allow our facist leaders to sit by and encourage this violation of human rights. Your threads over the past week or two have truly been moving.

I wish i could +rep you but it says that i have to spread it around first.

4. ^^^^

Agreed.

It sickens me to no end that innocent lives are taken every day, especially when those lives are the lives of children. Thank you RM.

5. war is hell but you can easily assume the opposite side in the current happenings have lost just as much now and in the past to outright hate

in other words the bully side of this fight finally pushed the victim side to act

the world sucks and always will so it's best to hope for posstive outcomes even with the odds suggest neither side will ever learn

6. The simple fact is is that while the USA as well as other 1st world countries exploit various third world nations as well as other less "well-off" parts of the world by consuming a great deal of natural resources and waging war on various hellish parts of the world, the USA has also produced some of the greatest amount of culture in the world.

The simple question that comes up is "is this all worth it?"

Most people would say no due to the fact that with all that culture comes the suffering of stagnation. Even in our own country (USA), people are bored with the lives they live and oblivious to the destruction their way of life is causing other parts of the world. Simple fact is is that eventually the USA will fall, but the question is, at what price will the world have to pay?

We will pay with a loss of freedom, a loss of culture, a loss of a way of life. I don't want to see the world's population decimated so that a smaller portion of the world's population can live in comfortability, but look at the amount of people that live in the world? With well over six billion people, how can their be fairness, how can everone at least live a good life when there simply is not enough resources to support people even having plastic goods, gasoline, shelter?

Some people claim that overpopulation, global warming, pollution, is not a problem. Others say it will solve itself. And still others say that the world should be fucked, since human beings are so fucked up towards each other anyway.

But the possibility for a better world, whatever you or me or anyone else thinks that better world is, CAN happen. It's just that no one wants to fight for it. And very few people know that the person they need to fight isn't their neighbor or even that strange foreigner across the sea . . . the person they need to fight is themselves. We need to fight our impulses, we need to fight our uninformed judgements, we need to fight our hatred for each other and find a preventative measure so that wars, however necessary they seem to become, never happen.

Unfortunately, I see no possibility in wars ending. They seem to go hand in hand with the very nature of being human. Those children dying, they're just dead bodies to me. They don't mean much to me because I didn't know them. They only mean something to me because I'm a human being and I feel . . . connected to other human beings because I exist as one . . . but, like all people, I will forget that which bears little significance on my daily life . . . which isn't that great anyway.

What do you even mean by posting this?
    Are you trying to pose us a form of uncomfortability or some kind of realization at the horrors of war? We all have seen pictures, but we can never know the feelings of seeing and hearing and knowing what is happening in Lebanon.

Perhaps you want us to ask: How can this be stopped?

But I have to say that to most of us, this means nothing, and I personally feel that it cannot be stopped . . . all I can hope for is that in the end, I do something more with my life because those sacrifices that have been made so that me and my fellow Americans can continue to have the things that we desire . . . is that those things make it possible for us to do greater things in this world than our ancestors have . . . no, not just great things perhaps, but perhaps to simply do good, whatever we see that to be.

7. I don't know.

I'm just absolutley horrified by war.

Taking politics and semantics and religion out of it; when it comes down to it we're all just human beings. Who kill each other. Because some of us have thing idea that we're better or they have some kind of superior power over another.

I'm just trying to share with you guys what I feel when I watch the news. We so often forget when we talk about Bush and Blair and Saddam that they're not the ones bleeding in the street. They're not the ones with shrapnel in their bodies.

I think the VERY LEAST we can do as compassionate human beings is make ourself aware of these atrocities that our government is allowing. The atrocities our governments contribute.

The bombs that killed those children were sold to Israel by the United States. Do you know that? Do you know that your democratic voice is being represented to the rest of the world as one that will kill innocent children? I don't.

I don't agree with this war. The canadian government allowing this to happen is a fucking disgrace and now some of their blood is on my hands too.

I don't want to debate who prevoked who, who did what. You want to know why? Because that doesn't mean a fucking thing to those children... or their mother, or their father or the rest of their family.

All they know is that they have two dead babies because those in power can't agree.

You speak of those which have given their lives for your freedoms. I don't think they would want us spreading and allowing the perpetration of war and killing of innocents. They fought so that we wouldn't have to fight again and these horrors wouldn't have to be felt. They did what they did because they were compassionate people.

Many many Canadians have died for my own freedom. As have my own relatives. My own family scarred by war, in battle and flattly murdered by other 'soldiers'

I know they wouldn't want this petty war of arrogance and politics to be happening. We're not fighting for anybody's freedom. It's just a war of impearilism and control. We've come so far to escape tyranny and opression, only to culture it ourselves. and without a single word of opposition form us, the people.

I know you guys are pretty well informed. But the vast majority of americans just ARE NOT. I watched CNN and some lady called in talking about how the Lebonese government kidnapped the soldiers and that the whole country should be nuked. Like she didn't even have the vague geo-political issue right. And she makes these powerful, fascist, (almost racist) proposition to "kill em all" and it was extrodinary because people AGREED WITH HER!

400 Civillians, many of them children. Israels refusal for a humanitarin cease-fire. THAT is not collateral damage. That is fucking genocide. And the whole world is behind them.

8. Rasta, you say that the causes of this fighting dont mean anything to their families, or even them but thats just plain not true. These people have allowed terrorism to happen for so long and I agree with Ars, for how long did these people attack the Israelis? How many buses had to be blown up, how many temples here in America had to have cans out to collect money so that Israeli children could ride in armored buses on the way to school?

Im sick of hearing that these people are so innocent. Flat out they allowed and supported terrorism. You can not say that "they are only children" either, because in Lebanon and Palestine they have groups like the boy scouts that train little kids to be scouts for future military service, promote anti-semtism which these children readiliy adopt.

You can say I have no respect for human life, and youre right I dont. If this killing means that Israel will be safe from future attacks I support it fully.

I remember sitting in front of the TV when Israel made its concessions to the Palestinians and being disgusted, but my father said to me just wait, we give them what they want, we give them this land, we give them this hand and the world will see when they take the arm.

They asked for it, what else can you say? They decided to keep pushing buttons and look what happens.

9. "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

~Bertrand Russell~

10. hahahahahahaha the author of one of the posts called our govt "satan's henchmen".

i thought with such graphic pictures of death, he would have grown out of believing fairy tales of demons.

and another poster used "loose change" as his reference for his material. wow.

i agree with sheeps101 100 percent. there's too many people on this fucking planet anyway. thats how nature works itself out...death and destruction has to occur to preserve our natural beauty.

edit: Rasta, i love you but the word genocide is thrown around too much these days.

its not fucking genocide. genocide is the extermination of an entire species. thats not even close to "genocide".

call it what you want, i call it controversial population control.

11. I didn't write this post to deal with politics.

I wrote this post to deal with humanity.

12. ok well whats so fucking great about humanity? i mean we all have different views.

if youre religious this is gonna sound awful but i think we are just a chance occurence. things worked out in a random way that we became humans. evolution occured just right so that we are the way we are now.

thats my belief, so i really cant understand shedding a tear for the death of someone ive never met.

13. <CENTER>For What It's Worth

There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
    Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
    Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
    Young people speaking their minds
    Getting so much resistance from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
    A thousand people in the street
    Singing songs and carrying signs
    Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
    Into your life it will creep
    It starts when you're always afraid
    You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
    Stop, hey, what's that sound
    Stop, now, what's that sound
    Stop, children, what's that sound

</CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER><CENTER>~Buffalo Springfield - 1966~</CENTER>

14. I have compassion for all living beings.

Just something that is deeply rooted in my personality, I can't help it.

I would really prefer to feel nothing for these people, I honestly would. It would be so much easier.

BTW, you were right, I did misuse genocide. I should have used the word murder

15. I think that thats whats wrong with people today. I dont know them, so whats it matter. You have to remember that they are people too and other people know them. And sheeps, how can you say that the lebanese people deserve to die because they allow terrorism to exist in the country. thats the govt's fault not the peoples. that mindset is the same as the terrorists who believe that its ok to kill innocent americans because our government supports isreal and they dislike our government.

16. ^ hardyly dude

they were all fine with these terrorist groups killing outsiders now they scream bloody murder when what the terrorist group started starts getting their kids killed

they knew the risk of allowing such a group to speak for the majority and they didn't bother arguing against them before the bombing

17. Ok well here is a perfect time to comment on one of the most ironic statements on these boards, in order to defend my position. On this site, I would that probably the majority of the members, for better or for worse, hold the view that we need a "revolution" to change what is wrong, evil, and corrupt in our government (In their opinions) but ya know what? they stand there with a view that they are not going to allow something that they know is wrong to persist and they are going to try to change it. Its why we have michael moore and the loose change documentary and Norml and a million other entities that push for change.

And then, you look at these nations currently embroiled in this struggle. when i look to these people I do not see people motivated by compassion and humanity. I do not see these Arab men and women saying "Terrorism must end" or "End Suicide bombing" or calling for a peaceful resolution (Not if they dont get what they want). These people do not give a shit about humanity. But yet, when one of them is killed, when one of their children is slain the world must stop, we must look to them and shed a tear, we must get on our knees and cry and scream and curse ourselves for allowing this travesty to occur. These people sit there and do not act, and there is a saying, "It isnt what you do, Its what you dont do" If you saw a rape, would you run to stop it, would you testify against the person, if you knew a sucide bomber that was about to blow himself up in a crowded market would you call the athorities, I would, and I bet you would too. But do these people. Nope. They throw their hands to the sky and declare it in the name of Jihad.

What the flying fuck. When have these people supported humanity. Never.

I dont see what else could be said. These people allow this shit to happen, they allow terrorism to rule their lives and they expect no consequences.

I can guarantee you that if a terrorist group formed in America that used violent tactics or even tactics that violated the rights of others I would do whatever I could do prevent and end it.

And you know what. I can give you a direct example of these people showing no compassion, exposing them for what they are. On Sept 11 2001, while the nation stood in shock and awe, in Paterson New Jersey some other people felt different, Palestinians stood in the streets and played music and danced and screamed with joy. I saw this with my own eyes and you know what I did, I went there, my friends went there, black white one of us was even an arab, and we went there and beat the fuck out of these people. If you do not beleive this do some research, it made new jersey papers, you can even go to NJ.com i think they have an archive search for NJ papers. These people care for nothing but themselves. And you can say that they had the right to party and celebrate under the consitution, but Id rather die then see anybody celebrate the death of over 2000 civilians in the streets of our own nation.

I have no respect for these people that take and take, that kill and kill. They are a perfect example of hypocrisy in the world today.

just read this article

http://www.time.com/time/archive/preview/0,10987,1209965,00.html

fuck it wont work if you dont subscribe, ill post the main portion of the article:

What can you say to that? How could you defend the clearcut greed? And this isnt from a conservative source either so you cant even say that.

Thats what I believe.

edit- Thanks for the neg. rep because we have different opinions on this issue, who are you to judge me or my views. All hail R_M, the pinacle of moral and humanitarian good in this world. Im not going to even bother repping you back

18. humanity is never conditional.

19. So then why is it ok for Israelis to die and not Arabs in their minds? I dont recall any of them crying for Israelis. If the Lebanese and the Palestinians and other Arab nations arent going to be compassionate, why should we? Id like to see them do something towards society.