Leaving the U.S.?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BlowTreeAllDay, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Canada is probably my top choice right now. I'm definitely sticking around for a year or two until I pay this debt off though. No way I'd stick the parentals with that...where in Canada are you? I'm reading about Nova Scotia right now (Trailer Park Boys are my heroes hahaa)

2. It's just not as hot in Canada is it is in the USA... At the moment.

Police Brutality canada police

Make no mistake.. This is not a problem one can just run away from. And running away never solved anything. It will spread.. USA and Canada is just a line away from each other. Our national security.. Is THEIR national security. If this blows up, Canada and Mexico will feel its effects without a doubt. Just a matter of time.

3. i bet 99% of americans in this thread never lived in another country

the reason is other countries are shitty too and bullshit in america is better than bullshit in europe.

4. I bet it's a pretty high percentage of anyone on this forum who has only lived in one country

5. Ok, this is too funny. Do you really believe the bullshit you just typed? Any debt you have, you agreed to. If you took out a college loan, you signed paper work agreeing to pay it back. You got a credit card? Well, you received goods and services (that the credit card company paid) and you also agreed to pay your card when it was due. Home mortgage? Yup, you agreed to that one too.

Competition does result in advancement... however, you're completely misunderstanding how great of a thing that is.

6. Why did you decided to move from Canada and what territory of Canada are you from? The United States is made up of 350+ million people and of those numbers settle in 7 regions: West coast (California, Oregon, Washington), Mountain-west (Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico), Mid-west (Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota), Mid-east (Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin), South (Texas, Alabama, Carolinas, Florida), Middle-Atlantic (New York, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania), North-England (Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine). Did you even check out the West Coast or the rest of New England states; it's pretty chill over there.

I understand your viewpoint when I visited Ottawa, the people were welcoming, nice and very friendly; must because the majority are INFJ's which the "F" part means to seek out and meeting people in a friendly manner so maybe you mesh with personality types similar to yours and don't mesh with the pre-dominant personality types in the U.S. (ES) and (IS) types; perhaps do some find more traveling and you'll seek not the rest of communities that exhibit that behavior; also notice that the rest of the U.S. diet is omega 6 (see Granny) and not omega 3 and also the lack of introspection, etc.

As others have pointed out, there are pretty much economic and societal problems happening across the global and also not all have as much freedom in the U.S. (even-though, some politicians are trying to end that). Problem in the U.S. is that when it comes to important issues, it's two sided and most will vote with either two of the parties instead of the third (which are unbiased and logical on a solutions).

7. Wait a minute. Before people stop drop and roll into an applaud, what are you smoking? It's not healthy herb. Government cannot hold money. It doesn't hold money, I hope to run this through you, but if I cannot then oh well. Government borrows money on the behalf of the public. Yes, if you ever take a minute to read that paper you hold up when you yell at liberals it's in there.

Please do not add to my comment filled with sarcastic seriousness with ridicule. Thank you, it was a genuine comment that did not deserve a line of nonsense.

8. Lighten up pal, no need for insults.

Sorry to disappoint you, but government produces nothing and has nothing other than what it takes from its citizens. It is the very definition of a parasite.

The only way government can "pay for health care" (or for anything else) is to first confiscate the money from the people.

9. [quote name='"StudStudly"']

If you were the person saying that we are the entire ocean in one drop and what's stopping you from changing something?
    Yeah... hate to break it to you buddy but thats not how the world works.[/quote]

Haters gonna hate

10. You have student loan debts and you're trying to leave and asking if you're parents would have to pay it?

Sounds to me like you're the one whose corrupt, op

11. You didn't answer his question.....

12. [quote name='"PAToke775"']

You didn't answer his question.....[/quote]

It wasn't really a question. He's just delusional

13. I'm aware of that.

I was just looking forward to seeing him explain what's stopping him from making changes...

14. Here's a list of the places I've been outside the USA, many of which I hope to go back to.

Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines, China (lived), S. Korea, Japan, Taiwan, UAE, Dubai, South Africa, Madagascar, England, France, Brazil, Peru, Costa Rica... etc.

I'm saying if I were to choose a country to live in the world, I'm 150% sure the USA would be my first choice. As awesome as it may seem living in other countries, in reality, life in the United States truly is unparalleled.

15. For some historical perspective:

I am a toolmaker, and I worked for an Austrian immigrant in the mid-70s. (He came to this country in the late 60s.)

He told me that when he came here it was probably 10 times better here than it was in Austria. Standard of living, freedoms, etc.

We kept in contact over the years, and sometime around 1990 he told me that it was then only twice as good here than it was in Austria. I don't think I've seen him since then, but I'm betting things have eroded, from his perspective, in the 20+ years since.

Freedom is a wonderful thing, but America is losing it in leaps and bounds -- especially since 9/11. I saw a chart somewhere in recent months where they rated nations as to how good they were to live in. They used several yardsticks, but as I recall they rated the U.S. somewhere around sixth or eight.

16. Here, if you hate government, sign a petition, saying what they can do different. Watch some left movement, based on the improvement of our government, not big military, small government, what got us in trouble in the beginning. We right now are at the lowest income tax, since the beginning of income tax. It started at 60% for the rich and 40% for the poor. It is now 30% for the poor, 14% for the rich. That is where we went wrong.

Warren Buffet - "How come I pay 14% taxes, but my secretary who makes 60,000 a year, pays 30%?"
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ5B0BKTkIY[/ame]

17. Sign a petition? WTF, government doesn't give two shits about a petition.

As I recall, and anybody can look this up, that when the income tax started in 1913 it was only like 1-2%, and only applied to the very top earners.

I consider any tax to be theft, so there is no "fair" amount. But at least it should be the same percentage no matter how much someone earns. To do otherwise is to follow Karl Marx's advice on one of the ten planks of implementing communism.

Warren Buffet is talking about his capital gains, which were already taxed once before he got them. So that 14% rate is not true -- he's paying much more. But what should we expect, coming from a dyed-in-the-wool statist?

18. #98 LinuxJ, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2012
    No, when Roosevelt started his Income Tax laws, they were extremely high for a few years the average was in the 90% line. Listen, not taxing means no government, no government equals no protection of private property. No judicial system, it would mean mafia rules, whether you like it or not, because you can say morality but guess what. A lot of people have nothing to loose. I like my government, and just as you probably say keep your government hands off my medicare, I say keep your dirty hands out of my government. The problem in America is special interests groups. I can care less what you think because I for one, will be thinking of solutions, writing petitions, and being a rational, active figure when I have finished compiling my thoughts.

Your Warren Buffet nonsense is wrong. " Individuals currently pay a lower rate of tax on capital gains and certain corporate dividends." -Wikipedia. I for one, know how it goes when you make your income on dividends. My dad made his living on dividends for a few years, and it goes a little like this, it comes out as taxed like 17%, his income tax was 26%, which actually those 4 years, he only paid like 18% of his total income. He pays 10% now, he has no income now, no true income.

And it was 1% for the very poor, it was 67% for the rich. Here look,
    1917\t21\t2%\t67%\t$2,000,000\t$35M\tWorld War I financing
    that year it was 2% for the poor, and 67% for the rich. As you can see the numbers basically flipped over, and switched.

This was with the Roosevelt taxes:
    1944\t24\t23%\t94%\t$200,000\t$2.54M\tIndividual Income Tax Act of 1944

23% for the lowest bracket, 94% for the top bracket. So please check facts, logic, and then come back, senor.

All the numbers have sources, which you can check at Wikipedia.
    Now this is why you guys like Reagen, I mean the really rich.
    Also here is the format:
    Number of\tFirst Bracket\tTop Bracket\t
    Year\tBrackets\tRate\tRate\tIncome\tAdj. 2011\tComment
    1981\t16\t14%\t70%\t$212,000\t$532k \tReagan era tax cuts
    1988\t2\t15%\t28%\t$29,750\t$56k\tReagan era tax cuts

19. Yeah, because I don't want to stick them with it. My dad co-signed, and I won't leave if he'll have to pay. No big deal, I can make enough to pay it off in about a year and then I'll get the hell out of here. Hopefully shit doesn't go down before then, if it does I'll be ready

20. I doubt any of this is going to happen quickly, so you should have plenty of time. Controls will be step by step, year by year, drip, drip, drip. We are in the midst of it right now.

But the sooner you leave the easier it will be to get out.

Keep us posted, huh?