Leaving the city...

Discussion in 'General' started by drtask, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Well, guys. i regretfully and stating my withdrawal from GC. I have some things going on in life right now that I need to focus on and have strayed away from the city. those who were here when i showed up, peace guys. new people, grow up, turn 18, use the search button. these young kids on here have polluted the city, and im honestly tired of seeing the same posts over and over. farewell everyone. if you want to chat with me, hit me up on irc.2600.net in #Acoustic, #erowid, and #wireless. peace.

2. I gaurentee you most of the kids here under 18 that are still here, are 5 times more mature than a great majority of the peeps on the City.

They have to be, otherwise they get banned. Unfortunately, it's harder to get banned for being over 18 and just being an immature idiot here... which we have several of.

But either way, Peace bro.

3. so long and safe journeys!

4. Yeah, I agree with you to a point, but still, it's sad to see another member going away. Change isn't easy to achieve sometimes but even these "kids" who are fucking around on this site will eventually grow up one day and see that their idiotic antics aren't just polluting the City but the perception about those who use the sacred plant. No matter where you go they'll be there and as long as sites like this rely on the personal honor and integrity of it's members to tell the truth about their age--which they don't--they'll always be here too.

The answer isn't to leave GC but to stay and provide some leadership and stability. I guess it's all about how much each one of us is willing to give to see the possibilities of this sanctuary realized. Anyway... I go on too long as always.

Good journey bro and stay green.

5. Well man I have one thing to say..

By you leaving you let all the kids win... Instead stay answer their idiotic questions and then light a J and kick back and talk to more down-to-earth folks, believe me they are out there...

Not everyone is an idiot, and by posting a thread like this it kinda seems like you are looking for attention..

6. Later man, safe travels.

This all is too true.

7. yes there will always be those that are immature and talk trash, but dont let them win, just like everybody else said. but we cant make you stay and if your really want to leave then thats cool. much luck on your adventures through life my friend.

8. Hate to see someone go, though I don't know you...
    Good luck to you.

Not all newcomers are under 18. ;)

9. #9 Floydian, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019

10. +rep for making me type less.

11. heh, i actually got neg repped for this thread. interesting things you guys have said. and i dont agree, Floydian, the least i could do is teach them the correct way to spark a bowl. i just have difficulty understanding how a post puberty person can have the maturity level of a 13 year old. its baffling, really. but you guys are right with me being wrong with my generalization. i apologize to all the respectable people out there in the City. i will contribute where i can. peace and blaze up.

12. Whatever man, there's always gonna be immature kids on a forum, whether they are under 18 or over 18, that's just how it is, not even the admins/mods can stop it.

The point is that you should help better inform these people that seem to get on your nerves here as opposed to just bitch about it and nothing get done by doing so, no offense.

Good luck to you, I hope that you will always keep marijuana in your life even though you have decided to stray away from the forum.

Take care.

13. Wow, have you ever been on a different forum?

There are far less trolls here than any other forum I have ever read. People are mature here, if there is some senseless name calling the next 4 or 5 posts will be people saying its not cool to be doing that here.

14. i dont stray far from places i enjoy. i also dont like being associated with a mass amount of sites dedicated to this topic, among others. so no, i have not been to other forums about growing/using marijuana. but i guess it is a better idea to inform those that are misinformed than to blow them off/

15. #15 Floydian, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019