Leaving Everything You Know.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hannaganistic, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Hey GC buddies&bud growers!

Hannaganistic sittin in Iowa & having a rather difficult time.

Aside from the obvious gouging of bud prices , the lack of jobs or opportunity in the area really have me looking for a way out of this damn farmland state.

While Iowa is quiet , serene & beautiful (with a few notable outdoor spots i was contemplating) it just doesnt hold any chance of progress for me right now.

Being young & adventurous my mind kicks into overdrive when confronted with the offer to pickup & move to The Lone Star State of Texas.

With ninja-like concentration i will sit on the fence of this issue.

While i dont wish to leave my motherland or nearly everything/everyone ive known , i cant deny that im beginning to see a clear definitive "DeadEnd" to this place i love so much.

comments? thoughts? opinions? ramblings? ..something to sway my decision plz fellow smokers.

ill light this joint (lil chunks of blonde hash hidden in the middle :smoking::D) & meditate on the subject more.

2. thats a hard one. IDK man. i feel ya. I really want to leave my area, i know that it has nothing here to offer me. But i don't want to leave my family, and everything else i know.

But you should probably just go for it, you can always go back. It would be scarry at first, but in the long run you will be happy you did it. Even if you end up moving back you will still prob be happy you got out for a few years.

3. What's up Hanna? I just did what you are talking about. I lived in North Carolina most of my life and just moved to an area I have never visited and know absolutely no one.

I'll tell you this; It is worth it. Am I happy where I am at? Not really, but I would never realize how much I loved where I was from unless I moved. That and I would have never advanced my career without expanding my local. I spent four years with the same firm with no advancement. Six months with my new firm and I have already received a promotion and raise.

I say go for it! What do you have to lose?

4. Moving will be a good experience.

I moved from Virginia to Utah when I was 17 for college, and the adjustment was huge. Life is different out here- it's much slower, the people are a lot friendlier, outdoor activities are plentiful, etc. I was homesick as hell for probably the first 2 years, but now, 6 years later, I wouldn't move back to VA for anything.

Going to Texas from Iowa you might find that the change in pace of life suits you better...never having stayed in Iowa I'm not sure what you guys have to do out there, but I did drive through it once, and it didn't look like much lol.

Give it a try if you can financially. If worst comes to worst you can pack up and head back to Iowa, but at least you'd have another experience under your belt.

5. I kinda feel where you are coming from, because I to also want to move. Not just move to a state, but i want to get out of America and see what the world in Canada has to offer. I don't know anyone up there, but i think it would be an adventure that would pay off in a couple of years.

6. As one of my favorite writers once said, "Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived, or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?" - Hunter S. Thompson

So my answer/suggestion for you would be, do what your heart really wants, just because you leave/move out of your home town or state, doesn't mean you can never go back again, or doesnt mean that people you know cant come and visit you, the world is huge and full of oppurtunities if you know where to look. hope you find your way :smoking::smoking:

7. "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~Eleanor Roosevelt.

I picked up and left Missouri, to Oregon, and glad I did.
    Culture shock is like being high on life ;)

8. Canada is such a good place right now man. Especially if your looking for a calmer pace. Our population is only 1/10th of the U.S.

Plus, at least in Vancouver, nobody gives a crap if you smoke weed. I've just whipped out joints while walking down the street and smoked em, right in broad daylight, its just a part of the culture here.:D

I'm really happy living in Canada

9. --understandable ,however i hold no profession ,so my chances of advancement arent clearcut. & i dont have much to lose.

--there is a small underbelly to what uve seen ,but other than that. what u saw is what weve got.

--ive thought about that as well.

--having read that , i respect mr. thompson even more.

--ha. & theres plenty of that bound to happen.

theres still plenty more to be discussed & planned ,but i deeply appreciate all the input fellas.reppin' hard.

ill just wait to see how this one plays out , either way im bound to find some type of enlightenment.

...on a side note - im so fucking tired of losing my bic lighter!! :eek:

10. Best of luck to you either way. Let us know what you decide.

11. #11 Diceman, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009

hahaha uh..no.

Id suggest visiting a city here first before moving. Wouldnt wanna be stuck somewhere you dont like.

I enjoy the state...im sure you would too. :smoking:

Heres what norml says http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4566

Having dealer amounts in any state will get you fucked. Got a personal sack here? Slap on the hand

12. No. Up to 4oz, with no prior felony convictions, is a misdemeanor, but it will get you jail time and a hefty fine.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4566

13. Actually, under 1 ounce is a misdemeanor first offense is drug classes community service and probation.

14. Hmm really? I didn't get that from reading NORML. Maybe I'm just too high

15. Do it.
    Visit some places check the shit out.
    Dont not do it and think back.. god i should've done it.

16. which is exactly why i try to keep at least 5 around my room

17. i stand corrected, diceman. i dont remember where i heard that but that was the only thing actually keeping myself from moving to atx...