Leaves Yellowing, Fruit flies?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by knoxis, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Two of the bottom leave have turned yellow in the last week.The rest of my leaves look kinda weird, small parts of the leaves are yellowing and some leaves are a bit discolored, taking a pic wouldn't help much I don't think, my HPS is kind of making them look more weird. I'll try to get a pic though, maybe take the plant out and give it some regular light for the pic. I read that if the bottom leaves are yellowing it is most likely a NPK deficiency.

Also I think I might have fruit flys, there are tiny little fly looking things crawling around on the pot and inside my box, they jump around like fleas but they fly sometimes. They are hard to see, they are whitish gray, and they seem to be getting work.

2. Yellowing is common on lower leaves as plants reach full maturity. Are your close to the end of flowering? If not, could be nitogen, or perhaps magnesium, hard to tell without pics. As for the fruit flies.....go to Lowes and get a "Hot Shot" no-pest strip and put it in your grow space.....voila, no bugs...period. They're under 6 bucks....good luck.

3. those dont sound like fruit flies they sound like white flies and those will cause you problems. You need to type White Flies into google and see if they are indeed what you have and how to treat them. If I remember correctly it just involves you spraying the plant with soapy water.

4. I googled whiteflies, looks pretty similar might be exact, I donno... All I can see in my cabinet is little white bugs moving around, they jump alot also.

Also my plant was suffering form NPK deficiency, red stems discoloring leaves and lower leaves completely yellowing. I didn't have any neuts and a buddy gave me the plant so was my bad. I fed them last night with little less then 1/2 strength "Schultz" plant food. How long should it be before I see the red stems go back to normal color and my discolored leaves go back to green? I fed them yesterday and they are still discolored today and stems are still red. The red stems don't seem as bad as they did yesterday but still a bit.