Leaves yellowing and dying?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dubbledeforty, Jul 21, 2016.

1. The bottom leaves on my two plants have been turning yellow and falling off. It doesn't make much sense to me as they are in fox farm soil mixed with vermiculite and perlite. Is it even possible for them to be deficient in anything? It may be important to add that it is in kentucky with high humidity and temperatures. I don't know whether that could be part of the issue. If it is suffering from nitrogen deficiency a recommendation for a fertilizer to fix the issue would be appreciated. A general fertilizer for flowering would also be helpful. I don't have much access to stores other than home depot or lowes so keep that in mind. (pictures below)

Attached Files:

2. Naturally bottom leaves will eventually stop absorbing nutrients and start to yellow and die off, this is completely normal. But it looks like your plant is starting to yellow on the top leaves too. There could be possible nute burn what type of nutrients are you using?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That's just old growth at the bottom dying off...totally normal. It could really benefit from a repot though. I'm assuming it's been in that pot for awhile. You can bypass the need for any serious fertilizer addition by just potting it up into a little larger container into some fresh soil. Don't know what you're growing that plant in as far as soil, but whatever it is, it's got built in nutes. The plant doesn't need anything extra until it has used up what was originally in the soil. When they reach the point they need fed, you'll see the color sort of wash out and they won't be as lush and blue/green in color but more a lighter green with some yellowish tones. They're hungry when they do that and you need to feed them something. The thing with feeding plants is you need to start at a diluted dose. You can always give more, but once you put it in, you can't take it back out. To prevent any burning to your plants, take it easy with the nutes as far as concentration or strength when first starting out. But a repot into some fresh soil and larger container will continue to feed it for awhile and you might even get on through flower without any extra nutes. The better conditions you give the roots, the better plant you end up with. We don't see them, but they are the nerve center of the plant so you have to keep them happy for the best results. TWW

4. Fox Farm like most bagged soils has about a 30 day charge before it needs a kick in the pants with a bottled nute..It's starving for a bit of Nitrogen and you have a dozen ways to get that done..
    As TWW says a transplant would help but more FF soil will have the same limited charge as the first bunch did..
    Alfalfa pellets from the pet-feed store is a low cost kicker as is composted chicken manure from Lowes..
    A shot of liquid nutes would be my last option but that just the organic grower side of me showing..
    BNW

5. As of right now I'm not using any nutes. I've been trying to figure out the best kind to buy as the only hydro store in town just sells soil. The loads of miracle grow at lowes and home depot makes me very nervous to buy.

6. I'm just confused as I've posted this to many other forums and I've found answers claiming every sort of nute deficiency. Currently, a transplant would be a pain as I'm only 16 and have no help hiking the 2 miles to my guerrilla grow. I was thinking about ordering the fox farm trio but it would be quite hard to get it to my house unnoticed. I apologize for asking but would the alfalfa pellets and/or chicken manure need to be mixed in directly with the soil? If thats so then I might as well do a transplant as well.

7. Keep doing the best you can.

8. Naw just old growth. I rip off about everything from the dirt to about 10 inches up, lower growth just gives you scraggly buds

9. Containers are too small. It's normal to loose lower growth but your looks like a combination of things. Root bound will cause some of the issues along with a lack of nutrients. Transplanting to a container double the size you currently have will make a difference. It will provide room for roots to grow and fresh nutrients to feed it. I would add something to boost the nitrogen such as worm castings, kelp meal, fish emulsion, bat guano or chicken manure. Some alfalfa would also be a great help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app