Leaves yellow and brown, dying, please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by benys, Jan 7, 2014.

1. #1 benys, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    ** if any mods see this, can this please be moved to the sick plants section? sorry, i'm a noob! **

Hey guys,
    I had recently moved a plant indoors and am unsure whether this is causing the yellowing or not.

at first i had overwatered the plant, so i thought the yellowing was due to that, however overnight it has had a rapid change.

IMG_0169.JPG

the stems also have a brown line along them (unlike my other plant) as you can see below.

IMG_0170.JPG

the acidity of the soil is 6.9-7.0
    the temperature ranges from 25 - 28 deg celcius (not sure about fahrenheit, sorry guys)

i find this totally bizarre and am stumped as all new growth is growing quicker then ever before!
    i've tried to identify these symptoms but can not put my finger on a single proble... i'm assuming there is multiple.

IMG_0172.JPG

is anyone able to help?! desperate to revive my baby back to proper health!

2. Need more info. Medium, type of water (tap, well, distilled/ro), nutrients, etc...

Theres a good form to fill out in the sick plant section that will help everyone diagnose what's going on.

3. not sure if this is what your talking about, but i gave it a go!

ARE YOU USING?
    SOIL: Mix of garden dirt, organic potting soil, ~8% dolmite lime, ~40% perilite.
    How long has this problem been going on? 3 days, minor for first 2, as pictured on 3rd
    What STRAIN are you growing? no idea
    What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) seed
    What is the age of your plants? guessing 6-7 weeks, haven't been keeping track
    How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 2.5 weeks
    Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? plain organic potting mix
    What size pots are you using? 1, 6 gallon? not 100%, but planned to not repot for lifecycle
    What brand Nutrient's are you using? nothing - has gotten by fine until now with regular potting mix fert
    How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? 0
    How often are you feeding? 0
    What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? N/A
    How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS? N/A
    How often are you watering? 2-3 days, haven't in past 3-4 due to overwatering
    What size bulb are you using? size? 4x 24w 6400k CFL
    How old is your bulbs? 3 weeks
    What is the distance to the canopy? ~1.5m
    What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) N/A
    What is the canopy temperature? 25-28 deg celcius
    What is the Day/Night Temp? day 22-36, night 10-20 (generally in the 30s, both night and day temps can exceed what is stated at times)
    What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) N/A, i have one 10cm fan blowing directly on the plant and a 8cm exhaust, seems to keep the temp where i like it
    Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ? current intake is passive from the bottom of grow box, will be installing a duct soon. outake is ducting with the 8" fan.
    Is the fan blowing directly at plants? yes
    Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? no, but i'm unsure if the deep center of the pot is or not due to overwatering issues (when i thought i most certainly hadn't)
    Is your water HARD or SOFT? ??
    What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? Tap
    Are you using water from a water softener? no
    Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? yes, topped and have taken 1 clone
    Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? white oil, ~4-5 weeks ago
    Are plant's infected with pest's? no

4. That's it! Give it a little time and you'll get some good input!