Leaves white after 1 week

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by newbiegrower89, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Hey, This is my first grow and i have 4 Santa Muerte Sativa plants. I just noticed that the leaves has started turning white on one of the plants, this is after one week. Any suggestions what this could be and how to fix this would be much appreciated! Thanks

Attached Files:

• weed.jpg
      weed.jpg
      File size:
      132.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Bleaching. I think you got too much light intensity for such a youngster. Raise your lights up a bit.

3. Yeah I'll try that, thanks dude

4. those small leafs dont matter to much as they fall off anyways after a month into veg those leafs just hold nutrients in them for the first month of growth they will fall off. looks like it might have been a genetic defect. were those leafs allways whight when it broke ground?    

5. No seems to have been the past couple of days they have went white, the other ones seem okay though :confused_2:

6. #6 Long White Cloud, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    by the way your plant is perked it does appear to be getting too much light

7. #7 DubK420, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    When my seedlings broke the surface, they had very light yellow, almost white cotyledons. Mine were even weaker than yours looks. I just made sure that the lights were the right distance away to keep it warm. Dont put it too close to the lights just yet. It needs to adjust to the world you have created for it. I think your plant looks perfectly fine at this point in its life. Hope it goes well for ya! Good luck!

8. You talk about light intensity....what about outdoor grow and leaves turning white