Leaves turning yellow and brown, only at the bottom?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BaeDreams, Sep 12, 2017.

1. So first let me give some backstory. This is my first grow, but I've researched tons. 4 days ago, I repotted ny seedlings from 1 gal containers to 5 gallon smart pots. I had broken my ph meter, and didnt ph the water that I used after repotting. I used my normal tap water and it usually is at about 7.6 ph. I know this is bad to do but under the circumstances I had no choice. They looked healthy a couple days into repotting. I had to leave town for about a day and a half, and evidently my a.c. unit turned off in that time. My grow room was at 99 degrees when u returned home, no idea how long it was at that high temp. Normal temps for me are between 75 and 80. I have remedied the problem, and my grow conditions are ideal again. Problem is, im noticing a yellowing in the bottom leaves of all my plants. One of them even has some brown, but its not spotted, its like a line of brown. My seedlings are 3 weeks old. When they were in 1 gallon pots I had a mix of 50/25/25 FFOF, FFHF, AND PERLITE. When I repotted, they were a little rootbound not gonna lie but it was nothing too bad. I repotted into a 66/33 FFOF and perlite mix. My seedlings were decently tall and,I figured they could handle the FFOF without happy frog. Thus far, I have used ZERO nutes. I am due for another watering in a day or so and I am going to use ph'd water for sure.Do you think the PH being slightly high is what is doing this? Or did the heat do it? Maybe nute deficiency? 0911171902_HDR.jpg 0911171902a_HDR.jpg 0911171902.jpg 0911171902a.jpg I have a few pics, any advice is helpful. I should also note that the tops of the plants are looking incredibly healthy. Whatever it is, its only affecting the bottom.

2. Nothing wrong with your plants. Leave them alone completely until you can lift them and they feel light as a feather....will feel dead dry to you. They need defined wet/dry cycles to stay healthy. No nutes needed right now. Fresh soil is loaded with food....nutes. Let them dry and give them light. TWW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thank you! I figured I had done all I could. And I do, I always let the plants starve just a tad, until the leaves slightly droop, so that the roots really search for the water and stretch. Ive always let them dry 100 percent before watering.

4. In case any one happens to stumble on this thread and has the same problem.... I have attributed the yellow leaves to a N deficiency, caused by having too high of PH water, locking the nutes out. I have since rewatered with ph 6.3 water and am crossing my fingers. I will keep this thread updated within the week.

• Like Like x 1