Leaves turning dark 5th week of flower..

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Blondie2014, Apr 6, 2015.

1. My leaves starting to turn dark almost black. I was gone for two days and came back to this. The light blemishes have been getting worse also. Never did figure what that was. I put in some epsoms salt in about a week ago. Hope that did not cause this dark leaf shit. Anyone have any idea on this??? I'm wondering if this plant won't make another 4 weeks. I'm also worried as I have not done much to hurt the plants. Something must still be off with my soil in order to cause this. Meaning it will repeat on my next round of plants. Any ideas are welcome...

Attached Files:

2. I wouldn't worry about the colors, they look like a normal purpling due to lower room temps to me. Those spots on the other hand might be a precursor to a larger problem. Not sure what it is though. I'd ride out the rest of the grow to see how bad it gets. But making a fresh batch of dirt and running it side by side with the old to see any differences would hurt.

3. The pics are difficult to see because you have the HPS on. Knock it off with the Epsom Salts...it is unnecessary no matter what is happening.

Do you have room for a mulch layer in your pots? If so, how much?

Please post up pics with the HPS off.

4. IMO this is nothing to worry about, I see it on a fairly regular basis.

In my experience it is pretty much nothing more than something that is slow release finally becoming available. Where I see it is usually in my host/mother plants that are really long term. And no, don't know just what amendment causes it.

Wet

5. Thanks for the info. Here are a few that show better. It's difficult to not worry. The middle JPEG really shows the color and amount of leaf affected.

A week or two into flower I top dressed with ewc. I still should have a bit of space on top, not a ton though.

Temps are actually coming up the last few weeks, not going down. If it's temps, then it shouldn't get worse if temps remain somewhat constant correct? Temps would affect tops of buds right or not? Bud tops are normal.

I have a sister plant that is in the same soil but about a month or two younger. Just threw it into flower a day ago. If it were slow release of some sort wouldn't that plant be affected the same? I'm thinking lack of needed nute or ph lockout that becomes obvious during flower. Really at a loss though. One idea that seems very dubious is could it be root bound causing this? I'm grasping at straws I realize. 3 gallon pot. I won't flower in those again as I don't need to.

I have about 4 more weeks to go. Hope things make it. Thanks thanks thanks...

Attached Files:

6. #6 waktoo, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    I have to agree with wet' on this.  I think you're worrying a bit too much. 

You seem to be concerned about what's happening at the bottom of the plant.  Why?  That's the first spot where you'll see leaves that "don't look so good", especially during flowering.  How about some pic's of the whole plant?

And what's your soil mix?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok, I'll try and relax but man.. Spots , dark color, leaves drooping. I'll get some full pics when my light kicks on in 3 or so hours. Guess you guys are right. Smoke up a bit and relax.

Soil mix. It took me a while to get this and thanks to lots of people on here I think it's good. I went through an overhaul two three months ago as I had a horrible mix. Coast of Maine Penobscot blend base roughly a third. Canadian sphagnum peat moss about a third. Two different types of earth worm castings, half( which is about a third ) was mixed. Other half of the ewc was top dressed. Epsoma plant tone for nutes Followed label for amount. Perlite a third. Epsoma lime followed advice on amount. Soon as I mixed it, this little girl and 3 strapping young boys took off like gangbusters. I axed the males and kept her. They all grew well. This one was smaller to start so I threw it into three gallon pot. More images coming later tonight.

8. Some full sized images...

Attached Files:

9. I agree. It looks fine. Actually, it looks nice..

Just make sure that you are getting enough fresh air in there.

If you really want to see her "bush-up," I would trim a couple of those bottom fan leaves that are not getting direct light.

Remember, little changes at a time make big differences.

E

10. Ok. I'm going to take my meds and relax. Thanks everyone..

11. #11 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    take pics right before lights on or right after lights out and use a flash. that way the colors will come out normal in the pictures.

having said that i think your plants look good and healthy. could just be variegated leaves:
    picture.jpg

12. The very last thing you should worry about is a few lower fan leaves not looking perfect or close to perfect. Growing a perfectly colored and shaped plant is almost impossible, especially if your upper plant looks happy and healthy and judging from the upward position of your leaves, your plant is perfectly fine.

No worries. Folks often cause more problems trying to fix what are often imaginary problems. I have no doubt your plant will finish beautifully.

J

• Like Like x 3
  13. I took some good jpegs if anyone is interested. This plant looks really weird to me. But.. Finish line is in sight...

Attached Files:

14. it does look strange... but lets be honest.. are you gonna toss it in the trash or finish it out and find out... Probably finish her out.

15. Blondie

How much epsom salts did you apply to your plants?

CC

16. Teaspoon and half per gallon I seem to recall. About gallon and half poured in.

17. Kudos to the relax and dont mess with anything approach. Tonight is week 8 of flower and I think she's about done. Going to give another three or four days I think. Buds don't look real fat but I should get some from her.

18. Kudos to the relax and dont mess with anything approach. Tonight is week 8 of flower and I think she's about done. Going to give another three or four days I think. Buds don't look real fat but I should get some from her.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1